iPad Pro Apple Pencil Grip and Dock.

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by The Afroman, Dec 16, 2015.

1. The Afroman macrumors regular

The Afroman

So nothing i'm going to show is "special" just sharing the "mods" I have made to my pencil and the dock i ma using for my pencil.

[​IMG]
    Simple Clip and Grip.

[​IMG]
    Good spot to clip it. I have a glass screen protector to make sure the screen doesn't get scratched with the clip.

[​IMG]
    Simple Belkin dock with the adapter on it.

2. CyFi macrumors newbie

CyFi

Great basic mods! What clip did you pull that off of?

3. acispades macrumors newbie

Not the OP, but I made similar mods to mine:

[​IMG]

The clip is from a Pentel Sharp Automatic Pencil and the grip is from a BIC Matic Grip Mechanical Pencil.

4. CyFi macrumors newbie

CyFi

Sweet. Thanks for the response!

5. sincere11105 macrumors 6502

Nice. I wish either keyboard cases came with a place to hold the pencil

6. Xprmntr macrumors member

Xprmntr

7. sincere11105 macrumors 6502

I would get this just for the magnet. I already misplaced my pencil a few times

8. Mac2me, Jan 10, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2016

Mac2me macrumors 6502a

I ordered a triangular pencil grip off ebay (found a seller where you could order as little as quantity 1 of them. Couldn't find this style any longer in major office supply stores). Mailed first class and should have tommorow.

I have a foam grip on my Pencil now but it can still roll off the table. I figured the triangular grip would solve the problem of rolling. I thought about a pen clip on it but doesn't the metal hit your screen when the cover is down over the iPad and scuff up the protector? Thinking it might not take long to scuff it. Better than scratching the glass but still a maintenance issue.

I actually like to keep my pencil in the box it comes in for overnight storage.

9. AJsAWiz macrumors 68030

AJsAWiz

Great idea! Why didn't I think of that?

10. Mac2me macrumors 6502a

Great idea for not rolling off a table...but the one I ordered doesn't quite fit on the Apple Pencil. Came from an ebay Catholic bookstore (seller name started with an A). Nice product and shipped promptly, however just not the solution for this. Saw one listed for a larger size pencil so will buy one of those hopefully with better luck. I'll report back here on this thread when I succeed. :)