Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

spgiva

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 2, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
I love the Apple Pencil, it is a great drawing/writing tool, much better then any stylus I have ever used. However I have found that it does not serve as great stylus, i.e. using it to scroll, or tap links on a website. Next time through I think they should put an 'eraser' on the back cap that can act as a standard stylus.

Any other ideas for version 2?

TrueBlou

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2014
Scotland
I'm fine with using mine for general stylus work as it is, I'm actually using mine just now to browse the net and type out this reply, just because I had it in my hand anyway. I'm getting really good at typing quick with it. That aside I think Apple are wanting to distance the Pencil as a stylus anyway from what they've been saying.

But I'd definitely like to see an eraser function added to the top of the Pencil, it'd just be quicker and more natural when drawing I think.

Melrose

Suspended
Dec 12, 2007
The eraser is Meh from my standpoint; I've never used it on my Wacom - what would really irk me is if they put side buttons on it. I hate those things.

TrueBlou

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2014
Scotland
The eraser is Meh from my standpoint; I've never used it on my Wacom - what would really irk me is if they put side buttons on it. I hate those things.

I'm with you all the way there, I can't stand side buttons on my styli, they just get in the way and get too many accidental presses.

Reactions: Melrose
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.