iPad Pro Apple Pencil Issue?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Bbqthis, Dec 15, 2015.

1. Bbqthis macrumors 6502a

Bbqthis

If you draw lines back and forth very close together and quickly as if you were sketching a very fat line, do the strokes disappear after a while for anyone else? After about 10 or so back and forth lines without lifting the pencil, the lines disappear for me.

Same thing if I draw tight curly lines.

Is that normal? Maybe something to do with the palm rejection?

2. goomba478 macrumors regular

I've never experienced this before. What app are you using? Is it possible that somehow you're triggering an "Undo" feature like they have in Procreate with two finger tap?

3. Bbqthis thread starter macrumors 6502a

Bbqthis

It happens in both Notes and Procreate. Try it in notes, just sketch lines and back and forth over each other without lifting up the pencil. Just keep going for a while and see if they just randomly all disappear.

4. goomba478 macrumors regular

Hmmm not happening for me sorry to say. So far I've yet to have an sort of glitch with the Pencil on my end. Maybe you can post a video to see if anyone else can relate to it. Either that or your Bidoof paws are simply not compatible with palm rejection ^_^.

5. Bbqthis thread starter macrumors 6502a

Bbqthis

Hmm I'll make a video illustrating the issue. My paws are shiny, so that can't be it ;)

6. RPrice macrumors newbie

If you are using procreate, there is a quickline feature that allows you to draw perfectly straight lines. So if you draw a squiggly line and pause at the end of the stroke without lifting the pencil, your squiggly line will disappear and create a straight line

7. Bbqthis thread starter macrumors 6502a

Bbqthis

It's definitely not the quickline feature.

8. PBG4 Dude macrumors 68000

PBG4 Dude

I saw this happen to me a few times the other day while using Procreate. Wasn't sure if it was due to that app's recent update because I hadn't run into this issue until after the latest Procreate version.

9. 2013.1 macrumors member

10. Nhwhazup macrumors 68000

Nhwhazup

I tried the same as the video in Notability but not having the disappearing issue.

11. 2013.1 macrumors member

I think it has something to do with the palm rejection function. It seems to be flawed.

I don't lift my palm during writing or drawing but the behavior is as if I had lifted the palm of the writing hand and put it down again.

If you start without having your palm rest on the display and put it down while still drawing the line disappears every time.

12. Bbqthis thread starter macrumors 6502a

Bbqthis

Im pretty sure it's a hardware defect. My first iPad did this but I got a replacement for an unrelated issue and the issue was gone.

13. DougFNJ macrumors 6502a

DougFNJ

No issue with either the scribbles or the Palm rejection in the notes app. I don't have Procreate so unfortunately I can't verify on that, but I would make an appointment at the Genius Bar.

14. 2013.1 macrumors member