Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JGS312

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 5, 2022
Is anyone else having a problem with the Apple Pencil Pro not working properly? There are times where I go to use it and I cannot double tap or use the squeeze feature. It also will get stuck to the point where my pen lines are super thin. I have to restart the iPad for it to start working again. Trying to determine if this is a software related issue or if I need to get my pencil replaced.

MazingerZND

macrumors regular
Jul 13, 2022
Yes! I have been having these issues too. Sometimes it gets solved by rebooting the iPad, but other times I need to unpair and pair the Pencil again…it’s quite frustrating :(

JGS312

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 5, 2022
Yes! I have been having these issues too. Sometimes it gets solved by rebooting the iPad, but other times I need to unpair and pair the Pencil again…it’s quite frustrating :(
I’m glad that I’m not the only one! The fastest workaround I found is to turn Bluetooth off and then back on. It works every time if you shut off Bluetooth from the settings app. I’m hoping this is software related. However, I am leaning towards hardware.

Reactions: MazingerZND

MazingerZND

macrumors regular
Jul 13, 2022
I’m glad that I’m not the only one! The fastest workaround I found is to turn Bluetooth off and then back on. It works every time if you shut off Bluetooth from the settings app. I’m hoping this is software related. However, I am leaning towards hardware.
Yeah I did that too but it didn’t always work…I am thinking of going to the Apple Store and have it checked out

richpjr

macrumors 68040
May 9, 2006
I had it happen once and wasn't sure if it was the pencil or because I was running on the new iPadOS developer beta.

Kiimora

macrumors 65816
Sep 11, 2014
London UK
So far the only issue I have experienced with the APP was that it paired ok with the first M4 iPad, however fast forward to a week later , it will not pair nor be discoverable by the 2nd iPad, hence charging was impossible. Basically I swapped the black M4 13” for the silver. I eventually returned the pencil for a new one . I tried every trick in the book to no avail, It appeared the first pencil was locked to the first iPad , this should not be the case. 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: Tu'rbo

JGS312

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 5, 2022
So far the only issue I have experienced with the APP was that it paired ok with the first M4 iPad, however fast forward to a week later , it will not pair nor be discoverable by the 2nd iPad, hence charging was impossible. Basically I swapped the black M4 13” for the silver. I eventually returned the pencil for a new one . I tried every trick in the book to no avail, It appeared the first pencil was locked to the first iPad , this should not be the case. 🤷‍♀️
So maybe the pencils are bad?

Euge521

macrumors newbie
Dec 17, 2008
The battery drains very quickly. Batteries Lasts a couple of hours with normal use. How's your battery?

JGS312

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 5, 2022
The battery drains very quickly. Batteries Lasts a couple of hours with normal use. How's your battery?
My battery has been good. As soon as I’m done using it, I place it on the charging pad at the top.

teralpar

macrumors member
Feb 20, 2014
Is anyone else having a problem with the Apple Pencil Pro not working properly? There are times where I go to use it and I cannot double tap or use the squeeze feature. It also will get stuck to the point where my pen lines are super thin. I have to restart the iPad for it to start working again. Trying to determine if this is a software related issue or if I need to get my pencil replaced.
I’ve been having this same issue for the past week! I have owned both M4 iPad Pro and Apple Pencil Pro since launch, but this is the first time I’ve had this problem. Are you still having this issue? Did you get your Pencil replaced?

JGS312

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 5, 2022
I’ve been having this same issue for the past week! I have owned both M4 iPad Pro and Apple Pencil Pro since launch, but this is the first time I’ve had this problem. Are you still having this issue? Did you get your Pencil replaced?
Hi,

I never got my pencil replaced. It hasn’t happened lately. It definitely isn’t as frequent as it used to be. I haven’t noticed it at all since the last update.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.