Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Nov 14, 2011
Because of the magnets. It's not super strong so probably wouldn't stay attached in a briefcase or backpack. But when I'm not traveling that's where my Pencil stays when I'm not using my iPad. Also when I'm quick charging the pencil I stick the cap near one of the magnets and that's where it stays until the Pencil is done charging. :)

Bbqthis

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2015
Bay Area, CA
Because of the magnets. It's not super strong so probably wouldn't stay attached in a briefcase or backpack. But when I'm not traveling that's where my Pencil stays when I'm not using my iPad. Also when I'm quick charging the pencil I stick the cap near one of the magnets and that's where it stays until the Pencil is done charging. :)
I do the exact thing, down to sticking the cap right on the magnet. Wish it were stronger and I'm sure it's not intentional, but it works.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Nov 14, 2011
I do the exact thing, down to sticking the cap right on the magnet. Wish it were stronger and I'm sure it's not intentional, but it works.
Oh I'm sure it's not intentional either but it works. I also haven't used the charging adapter once. For all the barking and complaining about charging the iPad directly I've found it's very convenient. Not once have I been worried about breaking the Pencil.

MartyCan

macrumors 68000
Oct 31, 2012
Near Toronto, ON
I ordered the Moxiware magnetic pencil sleeve. I haven't used it yet but hopefully my pencil gets delivered tomorrow and I can try it.

Newbert

macrumors regular
Nov 17, 2015
I ordered the Moxiware magnetic pencil sleeve. I haven't used it yet but hopefully my pencil gets delivered tomorrow and I can try it.

Same here. I placed my order last week, so I hope that it arrives soon.

janezblond

macrumors regular
May 15, 2013
Unfortunately, the smart keyboard has no magnets in places that you could stick the pencil to :(

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
I'm just waiting on a few super strong bullet magnets to put inside my snugg to hold my pencil.

Newbert

macrumors regular
Nov 17, 2015
I have the Moxiware and i combine it with the smart cover and it's been awesome

Just curious as to how long the Moxiware took for delivery? I got e-mail notice of shipping out via Canada Post on 12/8. Today is 12/16 and it still hasn't arrived.

Thanks!

Dammit Cubs

macrumors 68020
Jul 31, 2007
Just curious as to how long the Moxiware took for delivery? I got e-mail notice of shipping out via Canada Post on 12/8. Today is 12/16 and it still hasn't arrived.

Thanks!

I can't really comment on that one because when i was out of the country when it arrived. i would say about 10 days. .

MartyCan

macrumors 68000
Oct 31, 2012
Near Toronto, ON

Thanks!
I don't recall exactly either. Wasn't too long but they also just ship by regular mail so it will vary and this is one of the busy times of year for the post office.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.