Apple Pencil Technical Issue

Discussion in 'iPad' started by KPOM, Dec 15, 2015.

1. KPOM macrumors G5

Has anyone else with an Apple Pencil noticed the same issue I have? If I don't use the Pencil for a day or so, it doesn't register on the screen. Plugging it in for even a few seconds seems to help.

2. RPrice macrumors newbie

3. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Could be flat?

4. hovscorpion12 macrumors 65816

hovscorpion12

I've never had any issues so far. Then again when I'm done using my Apple Pencil I turn off Bluetooth to preserve battery life and then turn it on when I'm ready to use my pencil again.

5. u49aa2 macrumors 6502a

u49aa2

I Have the same issue her, not sure if this is a bug or just how it is supposed to work

6. KPOM thread starter macrumors G5

I'm sure it's a bug.

7. Daku93 macrumors regular

Do you turn bluetooth off in the time not using it?

8. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Guys you do not need to turn Bluetooth off. The pencil goes into standby and disconnects.

9. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

About half of the 22 we have at work do this. Apple's aware.

10. KPOM thread starter macrumors G5

Thanks. So this is a known issue. Have you done any experimenting to determine whether it is an iPad or Pencil issue? For example, have you tried pairing the Pencils to different iPads?

11. Daku93 macrumors regular

Yes. That's why I asked. If you turn Bluetooth off, the pencil will not reconnect by itself. If you leave bluetooth on, it will reconnect, as soon as it detects movement.

12. KPOM thread starter macrumors G5

13. 997941 Suspended

Is that what the pencil does? Goes into standby? I have yet to see this. I am on my second pencil because of my battery issues. No way the pencil enters standby. I can fully charge my pencil and not use it for 24 hours. When I pick it back up I have 10 percent charge. Look around the net. Many people are experiencing the same thing. The pencil has no way of turning itself off. The only way is to turn off BT and reconnect after turning BT back on.

14. Daku93 macrumors regular

The pencil turns off when it does not detect any movement for some time. It will turn back on when you pick it up. At least that's what it does over here.

15. AppleFan360 macrumors 68020

I have not had any battery issues with my pencil. If I don't use the pencil or the iPad Pro all day, the pencil only loses a couple of percentage points. There is DEFINITELY and standby mode happening.