Apple Pencil - Who's got one?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by FrankySavvy, Nov 11, 2015.

1. FrankySavvy macrumors 65816

For anyone who was able to physically get an Apple Pencil.

1)How did you get it?

2)How is it?

I am a graphic designer and dying to know how it performs!

2. d28z28 Suspended

d28z28

I'm dying to know also but I don't think anyone really has them yet. I'd love to hear from anyone who does, though. At least I got my order in early enough that I got the 1-2 week shipping window instead of the current 3-4 weeks. But you know how Apple does it with these things - there's no way it's actually going to take this thing one to two weeks to ship.

3. spgiva macrumors regular

spgiva

I do not have one but my local store did have some out for display (and surpirsingly not tethered down to anything). I tested one out and it feels a lot like writing with an actual pen. I would say they made a little much of the whole pressure sensititvity (at least test driving it with the adobe apps that were loaded on the display ipad pro). Don't get me wrong it is sensitive to different pressures but not as sensitive as a true pencil. But overall it is very responsive. The pencil itself has some nice weight to it.

I am a big fan of "Pencil" by FiftyThree but the apple pencil definitly has a sharper tip and is more precise (and it is not application specific, outside of FiftyThree's paper app, their pencil is just an expensive stylus.

I am still wondering how people are going to keep from loosing it though. It is the size of a regualr pencil, it has no magnetic anything to keep it attached to your ipad when not in use and it is perfectly round (so ideal for rolling off a table). I am looking forward to when they are going to be widley available.

4. lewisd25 macrumors 6502a

I think Apple needs to make a "Find My Pencil" app....

5. Lobwedgephil macrumors 68030

One of the reviews says that it doesn't really roll away and always ends up with "Apple Pencil" faceup. Will check out the pencil when I pick up my Pro, pretty bummed about zero stock.