Apple Pencil

Discussion in 'iPad' started by mattjohnson78, Jan 2, 2016.

1. mattjohnson78 macrumors member

My thoughts on the Apple Pencil is that Apple is having a high failure rate with the pencils during QA. I have a pencil that has stopped syncing via Bluetooth and I can't even get a replacement from Apple.

Has anyone else had problems with their Apple Pencil and either has returned it or is waiting for a replacements?

2. bowlman2345 macrumors regular

I just had a problem with my Pencil. It was intermittently drawing for me. I tried everything to fix it. I changed the tip and it started working again. I ordered another one even though it's working now. I'll return the original.

I was worried it was the iPad, exchanged it, still had the same issue. It's my favorite accessory of the iPP surprisingly. I've started drawing again after 20 years.

3. gigatigga macrumors member

I had issues with mine. It was saying that it wasn't a certified device and wouldn't charge. I sent it back to apple and am currently awaiting a replacement. Who knows how long it will take.

4. A.R.E.A.M. macrumors regular

interesting...ill watch this thread. i picked up a pencil at best buy the day they sold them and its been fine. i use the pencil daily just tapping and scrolling so to avoid fingerprints and no errors. i charge it every night with a dedicated cable to a powered hub and its always ready.
    i am new to apple being the pro and pencil are my first two apple products so this data is interesting.

5. PattyMc macrumors regular

PattyMc

Purchased mine through Best Buy and haven't had any issues at all, thus far anyway. It definitely is my favorite accessory.

6. KOH macrumors member

My tilt sensor stopped working. Got it replaced.

7. bensisko macrumors 65816

I had an issue early on where it wouldn't sync properly. The problem was intermittent and wouldn't sync when there were more than 6 hours between uses. I restarted the iPad Pro, plugged it in and it worked. I had to do that three or four times within a couple days, then never since (I got my pencil the Friday before Thanksgiving).

8. Rogifan macrumors P6

Rogifan

Nope, haven't had any issues with mine. Got it from Best Buy not Apple though I doubt that would make a difference.