iPad Pro Apple Pencils are on hold at US Stores!

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by chaseardoin, Nov 12, 2015.

1. chaseardoin macrumors newbie

I selected a pencil yesterday for 'pickup today' at my local store. Apple randomly cancelled that order.

I just got a call from Austin, TX apologizing for the inconvenience and letting me know the Pencil and Smart Keyboard are on hold for me at the store now. Anyone else get this?

2. Atomic Walrus macrumors 6502a

If you go in today could you ask if they're selling Pencils to walk-ins as well? I'm not in that area, but just wondering if stock is beginning to show up this afternoon.

3. chaseardoin thread starter macrumors newbie

Will do. I'm not in TX, assuming the call was from their campus there. She mentioned that if I don't pick up by Friday it will be released to the public for sale.

4. lulla01 macrumors 68020

lulla01

All of the people I spoke with told me the only pencils stores got were for demo.

5. Atomic Walrus macrumors 6502a

There's some speculation that this was intentional, and that the accessories were always planned to arrive for a Friday instore launch (in line with the original "online 11th, in store 13th" rumors).

6. chfenton macrumors newbie

I too just got a call from my local store telling me my pencil was in. I had ordered it at the same time with the pro and computer said was available yesterday but we know that was wrong. I'm going to pick it up now (picked up the pro last night). He said smart keyboards still not in (that was on my original order too.)

7. FrankySavvy macrumors 65816

Ask if there will be available in store tomorrow! PLEASE!@

8. Lobwedgephil macrumors 68030

Yep, was told I can pick up my pencil tomorrow.

9. AbSoluTc macrumors 68040

AbSoluTc

Really hope they have them tomorrow. I'll pick one up.

10. chaseardoin thread starter macrumors newbie

Just picked mine up. Store had plenty of keyboards no word on pencils outside of those reserved.

11. Kal-037 macrumors 6502a

Kal-037

Depends on the day, but usually I live all over.
    I try to order online but it says Dec. 15 at the soonest. Hopefully tomorrow they'll update it and I can maybe get it sooner.

Kal

12. Lobwedgephil macrumors 68030

Got my notification tonight, they said they will have some available in the morning to sell.
    [​IMG]

13. FrankySavvy macrumors 65816

Lucky man, enjoy it! hopefully we can get these things by tomorrow!

14. Retrogecko macrumors member

Probably foolish for me to hope this, but I wonder if the queue will be moved up tomorrow? Congrats to all the lucky new pencil owners :]

15. d28z28 Suspended

d28z28

My nearest store is an hour and a half away. I really don't want to take the afternoon off to drive there to try to get a pencil and keyboard, but I will if there is some way they'll assure me that I can get them...I'll have to see how this goes.

16. AceFernalld macrumors 65816

AceFernalld

My local store is only a half an hour away so I think I'm just going to show up there at 8AM and see if they will sell me a Pencil and Keyboard.

17. Jethrox macrumors member

Jethrox

Picked up the iPP yesterday and they had no pencils of keyboards. They did have a red logitech keyboard in stock that they "found". I had ordered a black one that was backordered...I can live with red.

I will camp out at the store tomorrow morning hoping for a pencil befor the 30th.

BTW, several pencils have be stolen from the store!

18. JT2002TJ macrumors 6502a

I did three orders yesterday. Pencil, then keyboard then ipp. I picked up my ipp, but they called me and tried to cancel my orders for the keyboard and pencil after saying they weren't in. I told them NO, do not cancel them. Good thing I stuck my ground, today I got the emails that both my pencil and keyboard came in. I have them now.

19. Macalway macrumors 68000

Man, whoever is doing this at Apple HQ just stop. Please, just stop! :D

20. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

order online for pickup in store. not only does that tell you if its in stock it is prepaid and pulled off the shelf just for you. you'll get an email when its totally ready for you to come get it

21. d28z28 Suspended

d28z28

I already have an order in for the pencil and keyboard. I suppose I could put another order in then just cancel or send back whichever doesn't come first

22. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

Wish that was possible currently.

23. riffola, Nov 12, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2015

riffola macrumors member

I was one of the 6 or 7 people in the USA (as per Apple) who was able to order an Apple Pencil for pickup when the ordering opened. They didn't have them yesterday, I was called in today to collect it.

24. d28z28 Suspended

d28z28

Why isn't it possible?

25. JT2002TJ macrumors 6502a

Because most stores have no inventory... When there is no inventory, it wont allow you to pick that option.