Apple phone support rocks!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by kuebby, Apr 3, 2008.

1. kuebby macrumors 68000

kuebby

I just had a great experience with Apple phone support and I just wanted to put it on here, as a change of pace from the normal complaints and problems.

My MacBook Pro battery has been sucking recently, dropping 20% in health over the past couple weeks. So I decide to call phone support because the SoHo store Genius Bar sucked the last time I went there (as in wasn't helpful, they were still polite, etc); and the 14th St Store was running 50 minutes behind schedule.

My first call was at 5:59 EST. I spoke to a tech without even waiting on hold. After telling him my problem he went through the different programs they have to run to see if they can give you a new battery (recall, etc) he even apologized twice for it taking so long (like 3 minutes). The whole time he had been very polite and understanding of what I was talking about. Then he comes back on the line and tells me I can get a new battery they just need a credit card number. Unfortunately I don't have a CC so I was going to have to get my Dad's number and call them back later.

My second call was at 6:57 EST. I waited on hold about 12 minutes, still not bad. At the beginning of the call my tech seemed almost bored but was still helpful, especially since I knew exactly what I needed. As we were waiting for the computer though she asked me what I was going to school for (I'd told her I was at school when I needed to change my address). After I told her Politics we got into a nice conversation about politics while she waited for the computer to complete each step. It was just a great experience and really allowed to think of the person I was talking to as another human being, not just someone reading a script and thinking from a computer.

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Though my issues have not always been solved with the phone support people they have always made great strides in helping.