Apple Photobooks (iPhoto)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Hello.there, Nov 24, 2007.

1. Hello.there macrumors 6502a

Hello.there

Hello all,

When I was ordering a photobook a couple of weeks ago I noticed a few people on the forum looking for anyone who'd already received one, just to check what the quality was like. I couldn't find any 'reviews' either, so nervously awaited its arrival.

Any way, it arrived today, and I'm really thrilled with it, the quality is superb. Obviously it depends on the quality of the photos you use for the book, but they have been expertly printed.

Two or three have come out a little dark, that would be my only grumble, but overall I'd highly recommend the photobook, particularly as a Christmas gift (jeez, I'm beginning to sound like an Apple salesperson :eek:). But seriously, it would be such a lovely personal gift, eg one that commemorates a particular occasion/holiday, a new baby, whatever.

I opted for the most expensive book, ie the hardcover, because it's a special gift from my family to another, and it's beautiful.

Beware (with Christmas in mind), it took two weeks to arrive, ie I ordered it on November 10 and it arrived today, November 24 (I'm in Ireland, it came from Germany).

2. scotthayes macrumors 68000

scotthayes

I must have missed the post asking for reviews.

I've bought 5 so far, one for some friends of their trip to Australia. Was a surprise for them, they didn't know I had managed to get their photos (I should be a spy :D ) they were over the moon.

I then ordered 4 copies of some of my wedding photos for people who played a role in the wedding. Again the quality was excellent and everyone was over the moon.

I agree that they are a fantastic gifts.

As a side note, I ordered 20 Christmas cards from iPhoto today, so if any one wants my opinion of those just ask in about a weeks time.

3. psycoswimmer macrumors 65816

psycoswimmer

I made a photo-book of our vacation in Key West earlier in the year, and it turned out great. Then, I made a calendar for my mom's birthday. They're really great gifts.

4. tibi08 macrumors 6502a

tibi08

I have ordered photos (not photobooks) on various occasions through Iphoto, and they all came back rather dark. The last photos I ordered came through so dark that I was disgusted. I complained to Apple who refunded my money, then went down to Boots and got them developed - they came out perfect.

I really want to get a photobook but am scared that it'll be as rubbish as the photos I've previously ordered :(

5. bartelby macrumors Core

I've only ordered one book and the quality was fantastic.

When I have the time, and money, I'll order some more.

6. krissvl macrumors member

Anyone got the price list for this service?

:apple:for Life!!!
    Power to the:apple:

7. scotthayes macrumors 68000

scotthayes

We paid around £20 for a 23 page book and £1.10 for each card.

8. psycoswimmer macrumors 65816

psycoswimmer

It's on Apple's site.

You can also access that from iPhoto.