Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mojohojo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 24, 2006
where can i get those really nice apple desktop photo's they use on their sites? like this one which suits the blackbook.

macbookpic3.jpg

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
Yeah. I know you might think that sounds like a stupid suggestion, but I don't think that photo is particularly special, so it's only a matter of taking a photo of something with the source of light facing the camera directly, creating a silhouette of the subject.

I have lots of photos like that that can be used as desktop backgrounds, but not that particular photo. :eek:

mojohojo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 24, 2006
well actually i just wanted to know where i could find those official photos which apple uses because they all look so pretty and proffesional. is it not in apple official desktops?

it would make iphoto look so much better with those pretty pics:D

G4scott

macrumors 68020
Jan 9, 2002
USA_WA
They're more than likely stock photos you can buy online.

I seem to remember people finding the photo they used in some of their other product shots sometime ago.

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
well actually i just wanted to know where i could find those official photos....

I'll bet you that Apple paid for an exclusive license for those. They would not want a competitor to being using the same image. If it was a stock image it would not be available anymore.

Yes iPhoto would look nice if it were filled with profesional images but then that would be useless. The point of iPhoto is to catalog your images

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.