Apple Photos - delete suggested names

MED1975

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 26, 2014
Brighton, United Kingdom
Sometimes Apple just makes things so difficult it is infuriating. Whilst adding some Faces I accidentally hit enter after typing in a few letters of a name - I corrected that so it now shows the correct person BUT the list of suggested names still shows the spelling error. There is no way I can find to delete this. It appears to be a problem going back a long while through iPhoto and Aperture too.

In a few threads people have suggested that the name suggestions just exist within the actual Photos library and if you were to create a new library then the suggestion list would disappear. This is not the case - I have tried it and that damn name just keeps reappearing! I don't think it is stored in the iCloud element either.

Anyone got a clue on how to resolve this? It's driving me potty!

MrMister111

macrumors 68030
Jan 28, 2009
UK
Me too!!! I've posted in Apple forums to, but apparently you can't..!!?? How daft.

I've done the same, hit a extra key and it still shows in the list. All what is suggested is to do official feedback to Apple on the form to hopefully highlight to Apple it's a bug and to fix if....

MED1975

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 26, 2014
Brighton, United Kingdom
I opened a case in bug reporter and Apple closed it as a duplicate of another - so they are aware its an issue. This wrongly entered name is actually stored in iCloud so even if you move to a new Mac etc, it will follow you!