Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple has signed a deal for "Five Days at Memorial," a limited series TV show from John Ridley (known for "12 Years a Slave," "American Crime," and "Guerrilla") and Carlton Cuse (known for "Locke & Key," "Jack Ryan," and "Lost").

Apple-TV-Ray-Light-teal.jpg

"Five Days At Memorial" is based on the novel of the same name written by Sheri Fink. It chronicles the first five days in a New Orleans hospital after Hurricane Katrina hit in August 2005, telling the story of the exhausted caregivers who were forced to make life-and-death decisions amid rising floodwaters, intense heat, and no power.

Ridley and Cuse will serve as showrunners, writers, and executive producers on the limited series, while Fink will also serve as an executive producer.

There's no word yet on when "Five Days At Memorial" is set to premiere, but it is the latest TV show based on a novel. Apple is also working on "Mosquito Coast" starring Justin Theroux, "Lisey's Story" starring Julianne Moore," "Pachinko," and "Shantaram."

Article Link: Apple Picks Up 'Five Days At Memorial' TV Series About Hurricane Katrina Aftermath

thisisnotmyname

macrumors 68020
Oct 22, 2014
known but velocity indeterminate
I was going to make a comment about old news being exciting as they release a documentary 15 years after the fact but then I remembered they still make documentaries about WWII. Regardless, seems like they could have made this at least a decade earlier, I'd have likely been very interested it in then. Now, I'm just not.

entropys

macrumors 65816
Jan 5, 2007
Brisbane, Australia
Even I f you like aged a Lasso, it isn’t going to take the world by storm, and it is one show. There is just not enough content, and very little blockbuster type stuff, to get significant numbers of people to subscribe with actual cash.

Apple will either buy someone’s/s’ back catalogue, or stop being so artisanal. or keep offering subscriptions for free with hardware purchase for years.

128KMac

macrumors member
Jan 6, 2004
The book was incredible. It was not a "novel" though.
yes - I was going to post if you hadn't. It was non-fiction, and although one could questions some of the conclusions and assertions, it was most definitely presented as "what really happened."

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.