Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Two weeks after Apple TV+ debuted, Apple today greenlit a new drama series called "Slow Horses" for its streaming service. The show is based on a book series of the same name by author Mick Herron, and will star Gary Oldman (via The Hollywood Reporter).

gary_oldman.jpg
Image by Tasos Katopodis/WireImage via THR

The "Slow Horses" series follows a team of British intelligence agents who are delegated to the so-called Slough House department in MI5, where washed-up spies are placed following failed careers. Oldman is set to play Jackson Lamb, the leader of the Slough House spies who are looking to get back into the spy game by any means necessary.

The show will be written by stand-up comedian Will Smith, who previously worked on HBO's "Veep." Producers include Graham Yost, Jamie Laurenson, Hakan Kousetta, Iain Canning, Emile Sherman, Gail Mutrux, and Douglas Urbanski.

Apple TV+ is currently available for $4.99 per month and offers shows like "The Morning Show," "See," "Dickinson," and "For All Mankind." M. Night Shyamalan's thriller "Servant" will be launching this Thanksgiving, followed by the film "The Banker" in December.

Article Link: Apple Plans Adaptation of 'Slow Horses' Espionage Novels for Apple TV+ With Gary Oldman as Lead

Reactions: 15ngcs1

orbital~debris

macrumors 68020
Mar 3, 2004
UK, Europe
Reactions: Ar40 and matrix07

DoctorTech

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2014
Indianapolis, IN
Great news!
Add to this the super promising Shantaram (the book is a masterpiece) and I do believe that Apple TV+ is going to become a serious player out there.
I agree completely. I know ATV+ had limited offerings at launch and I think that is why Apple is giving away the first year free to everyone buying a new Apple product this fall. I think by the time that year is up, there will be enough content available, with lots more in the pipeline, to justify paying the monthly subscription.

Netflix started out with high quality originals (House of Cards) but they quickly went down hill with a bunch of quick and cheap to produce "reality shows". I have high hopes that Apple will avoid that trap.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.