Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Combustion

macrumors newbie
Oct 11, 2009
How is this "Page 2"?!

Bit disappointed to see that there are no Australian stops on the tour. It is pretty difficult for any developers here to get to America for WWDC without having an outrageous amount of cash to spill. ie. US$1600 for a WWDC ticket, AU$2800 in return airfares and probably well over US$1000 for a hotel for that long plus what you need to live. It's pretty hard for some of us smaller developers to get over there; we were thankful to have them visit us on the last tour as it is something we can manage financially.

Menge

macrumors 6502a
Dec 22, 2008
Amsterdam
I'm still waiting for my confirmation email. Anyone got it yet? I just got the "Your request was received. Don't book anything yet!" one.

tagy

macrumors 6502
Feb 3, 2003
UK
I'm still waiting for my confirmation email. Anyone got it yet? I just got the "Your request was received. Don't book anything yet!" one.

Same here - but now the event is full, doesn't look good for getting an invite.

chipgriller

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2011
I got an declination ten minutes ago for berlin next week.
I'am very unhappy with that! :(
Good luck for you!

2updev

macrumors newbie
May 30, 2011
Belgium
Just got a mail from Apple: "Great news. We have confirmed your admission for the iOS 5 Tech Talk World Tour in Berlin on November 2, 2011."

Any other belgians going?

lws

macrumors newbie
May 14, 2008
Got declined for Berlin as well. I guess, applying within an hour wasn't quick enough.

webspinner

macrumors newbie
Feb 26, 2010
accepted for NYC

I just received my confirmation this morning. I applied 15 minutes after the invite email was sent. I also have several apps in the store, one of which is in the top few hundred iPad apps overall. Not sure how much of a play that had in my chances.
Anyone else going to NYC?
Also, if you were accepted, do you have apps, and if so, how prominent are they? It would be interesting to see any trends in how they accept developers.

ppilone

macrumors 6502
Jan 20, 2008
I just received my confirmation this morning. I applied 15 minutes after the invite email was sent. I also have several apps in the store, one of which is in the top few hundred iPad apps overall. Not sure how much of a play that had in my chances.
Anyone else going to NYC?
Also, if you were accepted, do you have apps, and if so, how prominent are they? It would be interesting to see any trends in how they accept developers.

I'll be heading up to NYC - it'd be great to arrange a meetup. I've got 3 apps technically in the app store - 2 are years old and were "practice" apps. My first and still maintained app has done very well in the Education category. Been featured by Apple a few times and is still selling nicely.

Shannighan

macrumors 6502a
Jul 26, 2007
Buffalo, NY
I have a few apps in the store. I do more freelance stuff, so the apps that I have under my name are more for potential clients to check out. I'll be in the city for a few days before and after the event, not sure what everyone else's schedule looks like for a potential meet up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.