Apple Playlist sync question

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by tjleonard, Jul 2, 2015.

1. tjleonard macrumors 6502

So I can sync great between my Mac and iPad. My iPhone will not get syncs unless I turn off iCloud music sync on my phone and turn it back on and it grabs the updated list (and all others). Anything else I can look at on my phone?

2. kerrikins macrumors 65816

A lot of people are experiencing this - I believe I saw someone on Reddit say that it's a bug and Apple's working on it. For me I can make changes on my iPhone and iTunes recognises them, but not vice versa... So for now I'm just doing everything on my phone, though it's a bit of a pain.

3. Spankey macrumors 6502a

Just came for that same reason. It's a pain to have to download music when I just want to update a song or two to a playlist. The syncing should be automatic.

Also is there a way to see what songs are not downloaded yet? I know the little device icon should be over the song if it is downloaded, however, that icon is only showing over a few of the downloaded songs when a lot of songs have been downloaded.

4. mms13 macrumors 6502

Offline syncing is currently a complete MESS. Very buggy.

The best way is to tap the sort header under My Music ("Artists", "Songs", etc), then select "Show Music Available Offline"

5. Spankey macrumors 6502a

That would work but what I'm looking for is a way to update songs I may have added to a playlist that are not available offline. Things seem to be syncing to the phone a bit now.