APPLE please add PINCH-TO-ZOOM to MAILL APP!!!!!

Discussion in 'OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)' started by colloc, Oct 25, 2012.

1. colloc macrumors member

I own an iPad before finally deciding to buy a Macbook, but it seems ML is wayyyy inferior to iOS.

I really want to pinch to zoom in Mac's Mail app like on my iPad but the only way to zoom in/out in mails now is Command +/- !!!! This is too un-Apple like, extremely uncool, and a pity to such a good gesture system and touchpad, and there's no gesture to zoom in Mail like on the iPad.

All the Mac team at Apple's doing now is optimizing OS X for the retina Macs i suppose?

2. gpoor macrumors newbie

Pinch to Zoom with Better Touch Tool

Better Touch Tool (http://bettertouchtool.en.softonic.com/mac) will give you pinch to zoom in Mac Mail, and do lots of other great stuff also.

It's free, but I happily pay for it because it is SO helpful.

3. Krazy Bill macrumors 68030

Krazy Bill

OSX should have nothing to do with iOS. If you want iOS use an iOS device.

That said, the two finger double-tap in ML (which Safari uses to zoom) should be implemented across all applications and not just Safari.

4. colloc thread starter macrumors member

It does, but the zooming based on keyboard shortcut is not smooth and intuitive, so it's not very appealing to me. It's like Windows!

----------

Jobs wanted to put OS X on iPhone (watch the first iPhone presentation by Steve!) so he down sized OS X to become iOS.

iOS is a mini-sized OS X