Apple! please update the Mini!

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by TSE, Nov 19, 2008.

1. TSE macrumors 68030

Seriously. There is a HUGE hole in the Apple Lineup. I already have a spankin' Samsung 25.5" monitor, and I want to sell my MacBook Pro because it is overpowered for what I do and I don't need a portable too bad. I don't want an iMac because I already have a monitor and they are pretty expensive for what you get if you already have a monitor.

I NEED an Apple desktop that is cheap (500 - 700$), has atleast a half decent graphics card (9400M) and has atleast enough processing power and specs for day-to-day use. I know the Minis right now will fit 95% of what I do, but they are way overpriced for what you get, and quite frankly I don't want a computer that is as underpowered as the Mini is right now.

I love Mac OS X, and even though I am enough computer smart to build myself a hackintosh, I don't want to because it isn't supported therefore an update can destroy my system in seconds and I don't want to depend on something that isn't supported.

Apple, please, just take the mini and put a glassbook's motherboard in there, and you have yourself a costumer!

2. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

Same here man.

Here are the specs I want and hope for;
    No more combo drive, superdrive standard
    2GHz (low end)
    2.4GHz (high end)
    160GB (standard in low end)
    250GB (standard in high end)
    2GB ram standard, upgradable to 4GB in high end
    $499
    $699

3. TSE thread starter macrumors 68030

As soon as Apple either updates the Mac Mini or completely changes it, is the day I will buy another Apple computer. For now, I think I might consider a cheap PC-Tower or maybe a used intel imac.