The hannahclan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 4, 2015
ive been having a sort out of a few things and I came across a pocket watch that my dad had with the apple logo on it.

It's over 20 years old and in mint condition, with the old apple colourful logo. I've been trying to find it everywhere on the Internet but can't, could some one tell me more information about it?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 282

tevion5

macrumors 68000
Jul 12, 2011
Ireland
ive been having a sort out of a few things and I came across a pocket watch that my dad had with the apple logo on it.

It's over 20 years old and in mint condition, with the old apple colourful logo. I've been trying to find it everywhere on the Internet but can't, could some one tell me more information about it?

I've never heard of this type of Apple watch before. How can you be sure it's not some Chinese knockoff?

The hannahclan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 4, 2015
Well that's what I'm trying to figure out really.

As I said it was my dads and he passed away 11 years ago and he brought it 6 years before that so its old. And he was a massive apple collector so that why I doubted it was a fake but saying that I have no idea and the fact that I bet found anything on the Internet is a bad sign

It's in an silver apple tin and on the back of the tin it's got 'SWEDA' and then on the back of the clock it says 'Japan movement' which I googled and means the type of watch

csixty4

macrumors regular
Apr 8, 2010
Somerville, MA

They used to show up on eBay all the time. I don't recall any history of why they were made, but they were probably a giveaway to developers (WWDC swag) or maybe an employee perk? Definitely not fake.

The hannahclan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 4, 2015
They used to show up on eBay all the time. I don't recall any history of why they were made, but they were probably a giveaway to developers (WWDC swag) or maybe an employee perk? Definitely not fake.

Do you know how much they are worth? Or where I could find another like it on the Internet?

essbeep

macrumors newbie
Apr 13, 2015
They aren't a knockoff or giveaway.
I purchased mine directly from Apple for $30 and am wondering the same, what is it worth now? I can't find any online.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.