Apple policy question

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by Dima470, Jun 16, 2012.

1. Dima470 macrumors regular

Dima470

People all over the forum are saying as soon as you and developers and friends on developers accounts are done testing apps, you should downgrade your device down to 5.1.1 because apple states that IOS bet versions are ONLY for developing apps NOTHING ELSE!(even though a lot of other people just use for fun). But isn't it also against apple to downgrade...? And if you only use it to upgrade your apps who will work on the stock apps and report bugs...? Anyone see my point?

2. dmccloud macrumors 6502a

dmccloud

To be honest, those people don't know what they're talking about. In fact, it does say on the developer site that iOS devices upgraded to iOS6 cannot be downgraded back to 5.1.1. The truth of the matter is that if the developer community used the betas for development alone, then a lot of crucial testing information would not be getting relayed back to Apple prior to launch. If you have an Apple Developer account and check out the developer forums, you will see that a lot of the threads deal with everyday usage issues rather than "my application won't work" or "how do I access 'x' API?"