Apple portables - How long to wait?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by colosodian, Apr 10, 2006.

  1. colosodian macrumors member

    May 1, 2005
    SF Bay Area
    Ive had my eye on the 12" powerbook for a while, but now that boot camp is out im having doubts about the G4. Running xp on my laptop is not important to me, as I have a PC at home for x86 needs. However, it would be nice to have the dual cores.

    So my question is buy a 12" now or wait and see the new macbooks which supposedly should be here by may or june.
  2. nbs2 macrumors 68030


    Mar 31, 2004
    A geographical oddity
    I had a dream about this post a little while back. I think edesign responded as well...let's see if I can remember the response.

    Do what you think you will need. If you have some serious performance that you need (unlikely since you are asking about the MB and not the MBP), then maybe you should wait - the G4 is old. Otherwise - can you wait until May, June, August, December? Get what you need when you need it. If you need something now, then get the iBook. If you can wait until May, get whatever you can then. If December, get whatever you can them.

    Look - computers aren't cheap for most people. If your current computer can do what you need, then wait. If it can't, then replace it. If you know you can wait until May, see what is out then. If you know you will be fine until the next machine is released, whenever it is, wait until then. There is no point in worrying about future releases and giving yourself a headache over it.
  3. DMPDX macrumors 6502

    Dec 4, 2005
    Well if you'd even think about a 15" I have one for sale on ebay right now (see my sig) that includes a gangload of accessories. Take a look. I could minus the accessories and sell just th PB to you if you'd like?:rolleyes:

Share This Page