Apple Post More Info

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iMacUser324, Jul 8, 2008.

1. iMacUser324 macrumors regular

iMacUser324

http://www.apple.com/retail/iphone/

Hmmm...Update:**New two-year contract required. Qualified customers only; credit check required; must be 18 or older. Visit www.wireless.att.com to check AT&T network coverage in your area. Current and new iPhone users who now or will receive service under a corporate account and wish to upgrade to or purchase iPhone 3G need to contact AT&T directly. iPhone 3G is configured to work only with the wireless services provided by AT&T.

Looks like qualified customers only and those who are new customers to ATT

2. greenmymac macrumors 6502a

greenmymac

thanks good find!

3. swordfish5736 macrumors 68000

swordfish5736

that further confirms that they will unbox your iphone in store and activate

Thanks for the info

4. iMacUser324 thread starter macrumors regular

iMacUser324

Your welcome. Sucks I wanted to be the first to touch my own iPhone!!

5. swordfish5736 macrumors 68000

swordfish5736

i bet they might let you unbox it yourself to do the activation. Most people arent going to be so illiterate as to not know how to activate there iphone

6. slippery-pete macrumors 65816

slippery-pete

At&T's definition of a "Business Account" has always confused me. I am on a Family Plan with my wife and we use to get a discount (prior to me getting a 2g iPhone on release day last year) through her old employer. We pay the bill(not company) and we can log into our account online (we do see the company info and FAN # in the right hand corner when we log in).

My question is simple, am I on a "business account"? Will have to go to AT&T on launch day to upgrade?

7. bigtar macrumors member

What it did not say is anything about current AT&T customers who do not have an iPhone need to contact AT&T directly. That's a pretty big deal. To not mention anything about that makes me think that they can go to an Apple Store. I will stop by an Apple Store later to confirm.

8. acrafton macrumors 6502

Family plan at Apple Store

My wife has the first gen IPhone and I am going to get myself a 3G IPhone and change her single plan to a family plan. Will the Apple staff be able to do this or will I need to go the ATT Store? Also, how about moving my current number to the new phone?

thanks

9. WPB2 macrumors 6502a

WPB2

Your a prime candidate for an ATT store visit bro.

10. Loonytik macrumors 6502a

Loonytik

Speaking of more info....has anyone seen any other advertisement for the 3G iphone besides the original ad? I haven't even seen that ad on TV.

11. WPB2 macrumors 6502a

WPB2

some people have seen the 1 ad on tv, but i haven't yet. I would like to see some better ads that the 1 from WWDC.

12. iMacUser324 thread starter macrumors regular

iMacUser324

please let me know what they tell you when you go by. Thanks :)