Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cosmichobo

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 4, 2006
G'day,

I've been a Twentieth Anniversary Mac fan and owner since 1997/8, and just spotted a poster on ebay that I've never seen before:

NewMacintosh.jpg

Anyone know if it is genuine?

Is there a site with all of Apple's posters to consult with?

cheers

cosmic

AQUADock

macrumors 65816
Mar 20, 2011
The "New Macintosh" doesn't look right, it looks fake to me but i could be wrong.

cosmichobo

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 4, 2006
The "New Macintosh" doesn't look right, it looks fake to me but i could be wrong.

Thank-you for the reply, AQUADock, much appreciated.

Yes, the "new macintosh " just seems wrong, doesn't it...

Over on MacTalk(Au) they're calling fake...

The seller (eBay) was also selling 4 legitimate Apple posters... So I wasn't sure. It looks to be on thick paper/card... most of the angles look pretty clean... but the "Hi" on the TAM doesn't look quite right either...

cosmichobo

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 4, 2006
It could have been an ad that they THOUGHT about printing, but didn't. They didn't use that tagline very long, nor the blue text.

Wow... Seeing those other ads etc, I'm actually almost sold that it is genuine... Though indeed, maybe it was very limited release, as the other (err, only?) TAM poster is much sexier...

$%28KGrHqFHJDcE-otjQrU!BPwO%28vmRSQ~~60_35.JPG

(With the reverse side in black(ish) with white(ish) writing, "It's the Twentieth Anniversary Macintosh")

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
Wow... Seeing those other ads etc, I'm actually almost sold that it is genuine... Though indeed, maybe it was very limited release, as the other (err, only?) TAM poster is much sexier...

(With the reverse side in black(ish) with white(ish) writing, "It's the Twentieth Anniversary Macintosh")

Yeah, saw your post on the other forum. I don't like that one actually. Doesn't grab my eye, nor does it represent the TAM very well. Apple doesn't usually play with their pictures.

cosmichobo

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 4, 2006
Generally speaking, I'd want an ad for a computer to show me - well, the computer! :)

But as the TAM was something of a special beast... and as the ad (proper one) kind of mimics the TAM's box... I like it.

(Not that I'm paying $150 for that poster from the guy on eBay that's been trying to sell it now for years!)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.