Apple Postponing Online Training Seminars for Technicians Due to Coronavirus

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

In response to global concerns and public health guidance regarding the COVID-19 coronavirus epidemic, Apple will be postponing online training seminars for authorized technicians until further notice, according to a source familiar with the matter.

This is just the latest precaution that Apple is taking in response to the pandemic, along with announcing that WWDC 2020 will be an online event, closing all Apple Stores in Italy, suspending Today at Apple sessions in the United States and several other countries, encouraging corporate employees to work from home if possible, and more.

For the latest on Apple's response to the novel coronavirus, read our COVID-19 roundup.

Article Link: Apple Postponing Online Training Seminars for Technicians Due to Coronavirus

mlrproducts

macrumors 6502
Apr 18, 2004
I didn't see an article source but I suspect 1) if it is for Apple store employees they likely require them to be at work to view it (for both privacy reasons and they're not setup to have hourly employees work from home) and 2) if for AASPs I suspect it might be because some or all may not be open? Not sure there.

konqerror

macrumors 68020
Dec 31, 2013
Um... they are postponing ONLINE seminars?
Maybe it's because the presenter needs a setup in a studio, perhaps with props and devices to demonstrate.

2) if for AASPs I suspect it might be because some or all may not be open? Not sure there.
That would be a perfect time to handle training and other administrative stuff since it wouldn't take away from time spent working on customer devices.

Reactions: MrUNIMOG

Darth Tulhu

macrumors 6502a
Apr 10, 2019
Ah, the last of the user-upgrade-able Macs.

How I miss you!

And why did they use such an obsolete image for this? Do Apple Technicians know what a ribbon cable or SATA connector looks like?

I thought they just swapped one machine for the other and melted down the former!

/sarcasm

chrixxa

macrumors member
Mar 24, 2002
orlando florida

How I miss you!

And why did they use such an obsolete image for this? Do Apple Technicians know what a ribbon cable or SATA connector looks like?

I thought they just swapped one machine for the other and melted down the former!

/sarcasm
SPOT ON. i was thinking the same thing when i saw the pic. Baby Apple techs today don't even recognize that ancient tech.

ExAplCarer

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2018
I didn't see an article source but I suspect 1) if it is for Apple store employees they likely require them to be at work to view it (for both privacy reasons and they're not setup to have hourly employees work from home) and 2) if for AASPs I suspect it might be because some or all may not be open? Not sure there.
AppleCare are hourly and thousands work from home. It’s relatively easy to install a device management profile and VPN to allow access to the internal networks—even on personal Macs. This article could do with more details.

Snow Tiger

macrumors 6502a
Dec 18, 2019
In response to global concerns and public health guidance regarding the COVID-19 coronavirus epidemic, Apple will be postponing online training seminars for authorized technicians until further notice, according to a source familiar with the matter.
Well , this coronavirus certainly is mutating nasty if the internet is now its vector .

Darn ... my Mac just coughed ...

I'll have to tell it to self quarantine now , since all the Apple stores just shut down .

harriska2

macrumors 65816
Mar 16, 2011
Oregon

How I miss you!

/sarcasm
On our 2018 mini we upgraded the memory ourselves. If need be I can add an external bootable SSD. I can also upgrade my monitor.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.