Apple posts first Leopard Patch- "Login & Keychain Update 1.0"

c84216

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 15, 2006
Hey all. A "Login & Keychain Update 1.0" update just showed up in software update. I didn't see any other posts about it, so I was going to pass it along.

Here is what Apple has to say about it:

The Login & Keychain Update 1.0 for Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard is recommended for all Leopard installations. It addresses issues you may encounter when:

Logging in with an account originally created in Mac OS X 10.1 or earlier that has a password of 8 or more characters.
Connecting to some 802.11b/g wireless networks.
Changing the password of a FileVault-protected account.
Link: http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=306804

xUKHCx

Administrator emeritus
Jan 15, 2006
The Kop
That was quick work, but suppose they were all sitting there waiting for the error reports to come in/knew about it before the release.

Picture 2.png

Loving the "not now" feature means i don't have to force quit the installer

benlee

macrumors 65816
Mar 4, 2007
I installed the update and restarted and now my computer has been stuck on a blue screen with the spinning black circle for about 10 minutes. What do I do?

Dm84

macrumors regular
Apr 25, 2005
Allston, MA
I installed the update and restarted and now my computer has been stuck on a blue screen with the spinning black circle for about 10 minutes. What do I do?
Same thing happened to me.

I just held the power button down and rebooted. Everything seems fine now, since I wouldn't be able to make this post if I screwed something up.

aswitcher

macrumors 603
Oct 8, 2003
Canberra OZ
Yeah, my Tiger iMac and Leopard MBP were constantly updating passwords, deleting and replacing etc. Hopefully thats all come to an end.

benlee

macrumors 65816
Mar 4, 2007
Same thing happened to me.

I just held the power button down and rebooted. Everything seems fine now, since I wouldn't be able to make this post if I screwed something up.
yeah I dont know what the deal with that is. Oh well I did the hard shutdown and restarted and seems to be all fine now.

JungMin

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2007
I just installed Leopard. I ran the updater and I get an error during the update.

It says that it can't validate the keychain update, installation incomplete.

I tried to update a few times, but the same thing happens.

Any ideas how to fix it?? How to install the update?

Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.