Apple pre-order Iphone 4 @ UK store.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Phycoduck, Jun 18, 2010.

1. Phycoduck macrumors regular

Phycoduck

Hi all,

I Pre-ordered a Iphone 4 for collection at Brent cross on Tuesday, and web site did say my Iphone will be reserved until the end of play on 24th.

But did not get a e-mail confirming my pre-order.

Just called Apple to confirm my reservation, and they say the Iphone 4 reserve was a mistake and its a first come, first serve basis.

Did i miss this? does everyone in the UK know there Iphone reservation was a mistake by apple and nobodys phones are reserved?

Duck.

2. Locker macrumors 6502

It's a farce if you ask me! How can it be a mistake, the reservation process was specifically created and put online by Apple. It's not like it's a case of "Ooops I pressed the wrong button and now a whole online reservation system has been magically created".

I can't get to the store in the morning because of work and I go on holiday on Saturday. I'd like a 5 megapixel camera with flash and a HD video camcorder to be part of my phone for my holiday.

If this really is true, Apple should send out an email to all those that reserved to explain everything.

3. Phycoduck thread starter macrumors regular

Phycoduck

I'm trying to call Brent cross to find out if this is the case, but nobody is picking up.

I've got to confirm this.

Duck

4. Lauting macrumors member

Is this because you didn't get an email confirming your pre-order that they said this....?

As a pre-order is confirmed via an email.

5. Phycoduck thread starter macrumors regular

Phycoduck

Did you get a retail store reservation conformation e-mail?

6. Lauting macrumors member

Yes, about half an hour after I reserved :)

It will be the email address that is tied to your apple id.

7. kopite19 macrumors regular

I reserved one for myself at Meadowhall and my mate at Arndale. We both received confirmation e-mails. He popped into Arndale yesterday and they confirmed his is showing as reserved on their systems. Providing you received the confirmation email, your iPhone IS reserved.

8. David87 macrumors member

I reserved one from my girlfriend and recieved the confirmation email (to my old address - thought I hadn't got it for a while!), and I called the store yesterday to confirm. They said it was on the system and will be there for her on the 24th!

9. Loco69 macrumors newbie

Me and my friend ordered both two for each. but he cant get to the store since he works that day. will i be able to get them for him with his email confirmation and an id? (it's simfree so i dont have to get docs and statements)

10. Phycoduck thread starter macrumors regular

Phycoduck

Thanks all for your responce, i do feel better about this.

I have been on the phone to Brent cross since 11am today and nobody is picking up.

Has anyone requested a iphone collection at brent cross, and got a e-mail conformation?

Duck

11. Phycoduck thread starter macrumors regular

Phycoduck

Feedback

I just got back from the Bren cross store.

The Iphone reserve system was down, and they was unable to let anyone know if there request was accepted.

However, after 20 minutes with this problem they did confirm my IPhone 4 is on reserve for thursday and apologised for the lack of communication.

Duck

12. tarjep macrumors newbie

Could anyone give me the phone number to apple store regent street?
    I've been googling all around, trying to find it but with no sucess.

Thanks.

13. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

Quick google gave me instant results?:

020 7153 9000