Apple Pre-Order Status - iPhone 8 & Plus

SomeGuy2112

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 23, 2015
I'm surprised to see my order showing as preparing for shipment already. Anyone else?

Space Gray iPhone 8, 256, unlocked. Ordered right when pre-orders opened.

crystalseth

macrumors member
Nov 7, 2016
Pennsylvania
If only :( my order is still in progress. Waiting on a confirmation email (still!) and PayPal's pending charge to go through. I'm pleased to hear your order is showing some movement, though!

Reactions: BigMcGuire

marchrose2011

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2014
USA
Mines preparing for shipment already too. I got the 64 gold 8 at about 10am central time this morning. My first time doing a launch day delivery through Apple themselves. I’m excited!

Reactions: BigMcGuire

BigMcGuire

Contributor
Jan 10, 2012
California
Woo hoo, 10am here (PST) and it shows Order in Progress still. iPhone 8+ 256GB. I won't lie, I've refreshed the status quite a bit :).

SomeGuy2112

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 23, 2015
I've always gone through the carrier previously so this is my first iPhone pre-order direct through the Apple site. I don't think there's any precedent for phones actually arriving before the stated release day besides press units, is there?

I have to imagine that regardless of status any of us who had a expectation (per the site at time of order) of the 22nd will see them that day, and not before, right?

titrau

Suspended
Aug 16, 2017
i got pickup but they didnt say ready for it.... next time i will order delivery ....

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
my mom's iPhone 8 space gray 64 is preparing for shipment
also my 42mm space black watch is as well. I guess its coming from China..?

magpie maniac

macrumors 6502
Aug 24, 2007
I've always gone through the carrier previously so this is my first iPhone pre-order direct through the Apple site. I don't think there's any precedent for phones actually arriving before the stated release day besides press units, is there?

I have to imagine that regardless of status any of us who had a expectation (per the site at time of order) of the 22nd will see them that day, and not before, right?
That's correct. Regardless of current status, all release day phones will not be delivered before the 22nd. If it happens, it's the rare exception to the rule.

gpoop

macrumors regular
Sep 8, 2017
Are any of you guys on At&T? Just wondering if you have to put in your pin to pre order.

titrau

Suspended
Aug 16, 2017
Usually for in store pick ups, status will change on the day of.
So 100% they will have iphone for me or not ?
i thought people preorder pickup select after place an order that mean 100% layway for them ... apple need to improve this

crystalseth

macrumors member
Nov 7, 2016
Pennsylvania
Are any of you guys on At&T? Just wondering if you have to put in your pin to pre order.
I am. I didn't have to enter any PIN, but I'm not even sure if we have one tbh :/ I'm still on my parents' plan. I only needed my number, the billing zip code, and the last 4 digits of the account owner's SSN.

marchrose2011

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2014
USA
I’m on AT&T here and I had to put in my pin to authorize the pre-order
[doublepost=1505531828][/doublepost]
I am. I didn't have to enter any PIN, but I'm not even sure if we have one tbh :/ I'm still on my parents' plan. I only needed my number, the billing zip code, and the last 4 digits of the account owner's SSN.
I went through this screen then the next screen it asked for my PIN. I actually did it twice cause I wasn’t sure if I was going to upgrade through AT&T or Apple and it did the same thing both times.

Reactions: crystalseth

crystalseth

macrumors member
Nov 7, 2016
Pennsylvania

I went through this screen then the next screen it asked for my PIN. I actually did it twice cause I wasn’t sure if I was going to upgrade through AT&T or Apple and it did the same thing both times.
Maybe it's an upgrade thing. I just bought the phone outright with a no-commitment contract.

dweb619_2

macrumors member
Sep 9, 2015
Colbert Nation
Gold iPhone 8 64 GB att preparing for shipment ordered at 3:03 am
Black iPhone 8 plus 64 GB att order processing ordered at 3:01 am.
Both still have delivery dates of the 22nd

Attachments

Last edited:

marchrose2011

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2014
USA
Maybe it's an upgrade thing. I just bought the phone outright with a no-commitment contract.
Maybe. I’m not sure. It’s my first time upgrading through Apple and not AT&T. I’m pretty sure it’s just a security feature on your plan though so no unauthorized people could know your info and get into your account

Reactions: crystalseth

Shadowbech

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2011
Apple iPhone World
i thought people preorder pickup select after place an order that mean 100% layway for them ... apple need to improve this
So here is how this works. When you order through apple.com for in-store pick up and everything pushes through, the Apple store you choose will get notified of your order and they will prepare it. Once it's ready for pick up, they e-mail you. I'm pretty sure on Thursday night or friday early AM, when they start receiving shipments of the launch device, they will pull up your order and when it's ready they will notify you.

gpoop

macrumors regular
Sep 8, 2017

Thanks for replies. Appreciate it.

Reactions: marchrose2011

titrau

Suspended
Aug 16, 2017
So here is how this works. When you order through apple.com for in-store pick up and everything pushes through, the Apple store you choose will get notified of your order and they will prepare it. Once it's ready for pick up, they e-mail you. I'm pretty sure on Thursday night or friday early AM, when they start receiving shipments of the launch device, they will pull up your order and when it's ready they will notify you.
That not fair ....

What if they pull up someone else preorder same as me but diff time but they are in list random pick then what happend , sometime low supply and they can get excuse and delay pickup ......

Well if they dont give an iphone on pickup day i will pi**ching and take my money back ...

bjaminkelley88

macrumors 6502
Aug 24, 2016
Dallas, Texas
Dude, if you pre-ordered and confirmed a pick up window, you will have a phone reserved for you for pick up on launch day. What are you talking about apple needs to improve on their "layaway"? What is this, K-Mart?

Blueline29

macrumors 68020
Jun 16, 2009
Saint Augustine, FL
I don't believe I had to, but tbh I was 97% asleep when putting the order in. :)

Mine's still sitting in Order in Progress. Gold 256GB 8 Plus. This was by far the smoothest preorder I've ever had. For one, the store actually came online ON TIME, which never happens, literally. I had the order in and got the confirmation email and was turning the light off to go back to sleep by 3:06 am.

Reactions: PhillyGuy72

titrau

Suspended
Aug 16, 2017
Dude, if you pre-ordered and confirmed a pick up window, you will have a phone reserved for you for pick up on launch day. What are you talking about apple needs to improve on their "layaway"? What is this, K-Mart?
hahahhaha i know dube but apple store near my area is trustless...
they might take people reservation and sell it to customer waiting inline ....

PhillyGuy72

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2014
Philadelphia, PA USA
I did see the world "Shipping" and got excited, it's "Next Day Shipping" doh!

Mine says "Order in Progress", (8+, Space Black, 64GB, AT&T)
I literally completed this at 3:03am ET, got the email, at 3:03amET

LOL, I said to myself I wouldn't obsess over this...I did the same thing with my last pre-order and it make a 12 day wait extremely painfully long. As long as it's here next Friday 9/22...heck 9/21 will be nice also. (This has happened to some lucky few in past preorders) I'll be happy.

Reactions: Cayden

Shadowbech

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2011
Apple iPhone World
Really? Mine says "Order in Process", (8+, Space Black, 64GB, AT&T)
I literally completed this at 3:03am ET, got the email, at 3:03amET

LOL, I said to myself I wouldn't obsess over this...I did the same thing with my last pre-order and it make a 12 day wait extremely painfully long. As long as it's here next Friday 9/22...heck 9/21 will be nice also. (This has happened to some lucky few in past preorders) I'll be happy.

Sorry little pet peeve here, but why do some call it Space Black when it's actually Space Gray??