Apple Press Release today???

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by daitalianjob, Jun 28, 2010.

1. daitalianjob macrumors regular

So it's been said Apple would make an announcement about the iPhone today regarding the problems/solutions...is the announcement of the selling over a million phones that release? if that were the case, what the heck! lol

2. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

call and ask Steve Jobs? I'm sure he'll answer.

3. lawrence32 macrumors member

I hope so, I have been holding off buying the phone until I see a real solution to the problem.

4. celticpride678

I never heard about that rumor.

And hopefully he'll be holding his iPhone 4 the right way.

5. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

Confirmed: All previous confirmations were BS.

6. irish1313 macrumors member

I tried..the call dropped

7. ClutchThese macrumors 65816

ClutchThese

he already gave the solution.

"dont hold it that way"

-Steve

Sent from my Purple iPhone 7

8. vlug macrumors 6502

I dont know what time it is in the USA where Steve is, but im very disappointed Apple hasnt released any sort of statement regards it.

Even if its "We are looking in to the alleged design flaw/issue and will respond as required". just so we know if they are ignoring the issue or working on it.

9. Kadman macrumors 65816

Kadman

Wait, even the one about the happy ending?

*cryface*

10. Blue Fox macrumors 6502a

Blue Fox

What design flaw? People are just jumping to conclusions that there is a problem. My old Razr did the same thing if I held it in a certain position, and my 3G iphone does a similar thing if I hold it in a similar position as well.

You are all blowing this WAY out of proportion.

11. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

For a "real solution you need to wait for iPhone 5 next year, they won't even risk to do a revision (e.j. 4.1) due the risk of class suites for poeple who got the first one and avoiding a recall, since it is not a Show stopper they will denied it and say it will be a software fix until next year. (which it is not a software fix, it can be "mask" with software since they can report the signal and other issues any way they want, but the rela signal strength RSSI will be dropping.

12. Vertigo50 macrumors 65816

Vertigo50

Your ignorance is kind of endearing. ;)

13. JonB3Z macrumors 6502

Sadly, I'm afraid so. However, you can achieve a happy ending yourself if you hold "it" just so. ;)

14. eneisch macrumors 6502a

I tried to FaceTime him, but he wouldn't pick up (just kidding)!:D

15. f00f macrumors 65816

Apple would prefer to talk about successes in their press releases, not about defects that they apparently were totally clueless about during field testing.

When they're ready to talk they'll talk. But it has to be in a way that keeps investors smiling and doesn't make :apple: look like clueless insensitive asshats, i.e. diplomatic. And hopefully SJ doesn't have any say in any impending press release's verbiage 'cause he really kinda fails at diplomacy.

1.7 million sales is amazing, even with the defects that manage to make it onto the nightly news. Apple could sell a ketchup popsicle to a woman in white gloves.

16. irish1313 macrumors member

+1 on not having Steve insert his insightful verbiage into press release. I would rather hear from Johnny I

17. benlee macrumors 65816

benlee

No other phone has this problem to this significance and if it does--well perhaps that phone has a major defect as well.

18. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

The silence is deafening... been looking for an announcement all day. Hope they're not going to ignore this.

19. jbro1999 macrumors regular

I still don't know what the problem is. I guess because I never watched the youtube video and tried it. But I haven't had a dropped call or anything? I must be holding it right.

20. myfoneisdank macrumors regular

well i'm giving the software fix another week to get here.

if not, then its going to be 1,700,000 - 1 iphone 4's sold. i have business to take care of. i can't be OCDing over my always perfect 5 bars fluctuating all over the place like it is. my 3gs was totally fine and the reception on the 4 is total *****. I wanted to believe I was just seeing things but this isn't the case.

i may just wait for the white to come out after i return this beautiful paperweight and see if those are having the same issues.

21. daitalianjob thread starter macrumors regular

i dont have problems with my phone either, i just thought i heard that they were gonna address it today or something like that. just checking.

22. thornguy macrumors regular

Problems? What problems? Can someone dig up a post or video?
    I've not seen or heard anything about this!