Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iAndy

macrumors member
Jan 5, 2003
Hong Kong
One thing that i forgot to mention in my last post, was that it is not just Apple prices that are high outside of the US - rather it seems that there is a culture of paying higher prices for electronics equipment in some countries - especially the EEC. In the case of the latest photography equipment (DSLR cameras) the UK is around 40-50% more expensive than out here in Hong Kong !

Is there any wonder then, that at a time when Apple are deperately trying to improve their cashflow situation, that they should decide to charge prices that they feel each respective market can bear.

Fortunately for me the Hong Kong dollar is pegged to the US greenback, and prices of Apple equipment is only slightly more than US prices.
BUT
Unfortunately we always seem to be months behind the US on product shipment (ie PB12" expected mid-end March !), probably due to lower profit margin.

Just my 5c's...

kenkooler

macrumors regular
Jan 2, 2002
Mexico City
There is the same situation here (prices are around 35% higher), probably due to Apple having a 1-2% market share... still, I think that it should be cheaper.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.