apple Pricing on

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jkcerda, Jan 17, 2014.

1. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

refubished, doesn't make sense.

example.
    $2169
    $2199
    $30 bucks more for the latest & greatest, why settle for the older one?

2. Dicholscrn macrumors newbie

Don't know the prices offhand but I assume the different processor speed offsets that $30. I would agree if they were the exact same other than the gpu as you are insinuating, but there not.......

But I just bought a new 15" yesterday and after the last couple of weeks watching refurb prices, I was more than baffled a few times as to how some were priced.

3. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

haswell VS Ivy bridge, AC wireless VS wireless N, 1GB video card vs 2GB video card, TB1 vs TB2, even the new flash SSD is faster. the "older" one should be cheaper by a long shot.

I am picking up the Haswell one in a week or so :D

4. Dicholscrn macrumors newbie

Like I said, I was more than baffled a few times lol.

I've had mine just over 24 hours and have to say it's an incredible machine. Upgraded from a 2010 13" MBP and after weeks of research and filling my cart (just to wind up emptying it) I'm happy to say I'm a happy camper. Even happier that my screen looks beautiful after reading so many stories of 3/4/5+ returns for some people.

Now to figure out my best storage options as moving from 1.5TB internal to 512GB is quite significant.......

5. PBG4 Dude macrumors 68000

PBG4 Dude

I have a Toshiba USB3 2TB drive I picked up from Staples the other day for $100. Black Magic speed test rates it at ~95MB/second for read and write. Going to use it this week to capture 32 hours of DV format video. So far it's been quite peppy, for an external drive. The internal SSD in my 2012 MBA gets about 220MB/second for comparison.

6. zipa macrumors 65816

No, dude, splitting your message between header and body does not make sense.

7. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Based on specs it's doesn't make sense, but based on original pricing it does.

The 2.7GHz 2012 model was the high end $2799 configuration whereas the 2.3GHz 2013 dropped to $2599 for that configuration.

Also:

8. shansoft macrumors 6502

Because the older one is much faster on it's CPU.

GPU is nearly identical with no performance increase.

The only thing that is better on the latest model is the wireless support.