Apple Printer Advice

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by stevethegimp, Jul 27, 2007.

1. stevethegimp macrumors newbie

I am a newly converted computer user and have not yet purchased any Apple merchandise as of yet, but this is b/c I'm doing my research before my purchases.

I am not familiar with the printers, and am not near an Apple Store so I will be purchasing online. At the very least the printer needs to be color and print decent pictures.

Any advice or personal experience with a good quality printer???

2. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

Apple is offering a free printer with the purchase of a Mac. It's a fairly basic color/copy/scan all-in-one type. They also have a few higher end models, but it depends what you're looking for. It's a $100 rebate that you get back. Look into it before you throw money away at another store.

3. NewSc2 macrumors 65816

I would personally get a laser printer. I purchased a Brother all-in-one (copy/scan/fax) laser printer for my office for about $150 from Office Depot a few months ago and it works flawlessly. The print quality of a laser is superb and it's cheaper in the long run -- no need to deal with stupid ink cartridges. Much faster, too. We've gone through a case of paper and haven't needed to change the toner yet.

Color inkjets are pretty nice but face it -- who really needs color these days anyway? Plus the color quality is usually pretty crappy, and good paper is expensive. If I need digital color prints I go to Costco.

Apple gives you a few options to choose from. If you're purchasing an Apple computer you might as well take advantage of the deal.

4. majapapaya macrumors member

majapapaya

all-in-one

Glad to see this post! But really guys, Which is the best all-in-one out there. I have my new MBP, need a printer/scanner/ect and I need help.
    Thanks maja

5. Father Jack macrumors 68020

Father Jack

Epson make awesome printers and scanners.
    IMO "All in one" hardware is not the best way to go unless you are really pushed for space.

6. Gee macrumors 65816

If you're not looking for an all in one, or to do volume printer, there's a fair few pretty cheap colour inkjets out there that will suit you. (Although they're cheap because the ink cartridges are expensive!).

I just got a Canon Pixma iP1800, which works great so far, was easy to install and printers really nice photos. And it was only 40 quid (which in the US will probably be $50 or so).

7. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Pretty much any USB PC printer will work with a Mac out the box, (unless its a Dell printer, but even some of those now have Mac software), so your existing USB printer should be fine.