Apple Printer Rebate, Which All in One to Buy for best Scan Quality?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by dsa420, Jun 30, 2009.

1. dsa420 macrumors 6502

So it appears I am going to purchase a new MBP for my wife, take advantage of my student discount, get a free iPod and also printer via Apple's very generous promotion.

I am looking for the most cost efficient All in One "printer" which I will primarily use for scanning and faxing, and VERY little copying.

Bottom Line: Which all in one "printer" that Apple sells has the best scan quality and integration with Mac? Do I really need to even install any software to be able to scan from one of these "printers"?

Thanks

2. J&JPolangin macrumors 68030

...the brother 7840W is fantastic... I got one for my house hooked into my wireless WPA2 network and it worked so well I got one for one of the smaller offices I work out of in one of the central warehouse locations as a small footprint stand alone copier/scanner... with the rebate it would be $199 plus free shipping, you can't beat that price!

The best thing about brother laser printers is they use separate toner and drums so long term operational cost will be low compared to HP, etc...