Apple Pro Application Support 3.1

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple has also posted Pro Application Support 3.1 update.

The 6.1MB download is described as follows:

This update improves general user interface reliability for Apple's professional applications
It is recommend for users of Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Pro, Motion, Soundtrack Pro, DVD Studio Pro, Soundtrack, Logic Pro and Logic Express.

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
Does it fix Compressor? Probably not. I think this is a maintenance update for the dual core PowerMacs. Bleh.

pdpfilms

macrumors 68020
Jun 29, 2004
Vermontana
I wonder what it is that this update does....

I really wish they'd provide more details on these conspicuous updates.

artpease

macrumors member
Oct 25, 2004
Seattle
Update!

"This update improves general user interface reliability for Apple's professional applications."

I certainly hope this fixes the issue of moving the mouse killing playback from the timeline with a dropped frames message . You can't imagine how annoying that has been for the past 6 months :mad:

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
Hmm, interesting. Not being a Pro user I won't be downloading this, but nonetheless, it's nice to see Apple addressing some issues, whatever it is they may be... :eek:

fpnc

macrumors 68000
Oct 30, 2002
San Diego, CA
Yes, it fixes several problems in Compressor. Specifically problems when transcoding between HD and SD (field order issues) and improvements in conversion between NTSC and PAL. This is mentioned in the installer and in a tech note on Apple's support website.

pdpfilms

macrumors 68020
Jun 29, 2004
Vermontana
fartheststar said:
I run FCP 3 on 10.4 due to lack of money to upgrade. Do I need this update?
I doubt it. If it comes up in software update, I'd download it, but otherwise i wouldn't seek it out.

darwen

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2005
California, US
Wtf!

What the hell is going on? It is like all hell is breaking loose with this company! Does anyone else feel like too much stuff is hitting the fan? I am all for new products but this is overkill. Why wasn't some of this released sooner? There is no way they could have developed all this at once... do they have enough manufacturing facilities to meet demand? All these updates are driving me crazy... at this point OS X 10.5 will be out by Christmas! We will be on Intel by New Years! Somebody stop them PLEASE! I am afraid to buy anything!

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
darwen said:
What the hell is going on? It is like all hell is breaking loose with this company! Does anyone else feel like too much stuff is hitting the fan? I am all for new products but this is overkill. Why wasn't some of this released sooner? There is no way they could have developed all this at once... do they have enough manufacturing facilities to meet demand? All these updates are driving me crazy... at this point OS X 10.5 will be out by Christmas! We will be on Intel by New Years! Somebody stop them PLEASE! I am afraid to buy anything!
First of all, what the fracking hell are you talking about? :p

Stridder44

macrumors 68040
Mar 24, 2003
California
darwen said:

I KNOW! All these pesky updates and changes in technology!

Its called progress. Get used to it.

LGRW3919

macrumors regular
Mar 6, 2005
cupertino (no joke)
darwen said:
its just how everything worked out, more like coincidental timing. quit crying.

.a

macrumors regular
Dec 5, 2001
... hey guys ... we're writing here about the update for pro apps, not the update for pro computers or simple ipods ... (nevermind, apple released a lot indeed the last months :)

back to track: is there anything else changing with the update besides compressor? i am a litte in doubt updating my pro apps ...
.a

illegalprelude

macrumors 68000
Mar 10, 2005
Los Angeles, California
I really hope this fixes the Final Cut issues cause Final Cut has a ton of problems with quicktime 7.0.2+ and its just stupid to pay $1300 for Studio and have so much issues from apples own software. There is a plague of problems if you visit the apple support page and look under the FCP section

Renegate

macrumors member
Oct 5, 2005
Luxembourg
Stridder44 said:
I KNOW! All these pesky updates and changes in technology!

Its called progress. Get used to it.
Its called "Stock Price Management" for Year End (thats when they get their stock package)