Apple pro keyboard (the plastic bit)

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by RobHague, Sep 7, 2005.

  1. RobHague macrumors 6502

    Jul 8, 2005
    I just got my new PowerMac, and i was wondering about the Keyboard.

    The Apple Pro? Keyboard seems to have what looks like a clear plastic shell running around the outside of it. It seems to me like a kind of 'gully' that surrounds the keys - is this removable? Im just thinking of how easy it would be to remove dust/dirt from between the keys if that was the case, ive also seen some pics of peoples desks and it looks like the keyboard i have but without this outer plastic part... maybe its just a different keyboard but its worth a check i guess.

  2. pdpfilms macrumors 68020


    Jun 29, 2004
    I suppose you could remove it, but my guess is it's a semi-critical structural element.

    However it does act as a gutter... there's all sorts 'a crap stuck in there.

Share This Page