Apple Product Help and Advice

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by sasskia, Dec 30, 2018.

1. sasskia macrumors newbie

sasskia

Hi, I'm a grade 11 student in Ontario and I have an iPhone XS, an iPad Air and MacBook Air. I have been making money through my job and birthday/Christmas gifts. I want to get something else, but I don't know what. I would appreciate any advise.

1) I'm a competitive soccer player and I was thinking on getting an apple watch (series 4 maybe?) for when I train, like in the gym or wherever. I know a Fitbit (or something similar) would probably be a better choice, but I also like the extra stuff that the Apple Watch can provide. I can get notifications and texts as well as not looking at my phone as often. I wouldn't really want the cellular version because I'll have my phone with me. I just wanted to know from those who have the Apple Watch if it's worth it it the long run and even now.

2) I was also wondering if AirPods are worth it. I currently have bluetooth urbanears headphones (they're purple) that I've had for years. I don't really like brining them to school because they're kinda big and I feel silly with them on in the subway. I like the wireless-ness of the AirPods, and a lot of my friends have them. They are about $200 where I live and I was wondering if it would be better if I got beats headphones instead?

3) Finally, I was thinking about getting an iPad Pro for daily school things, like writing a paper or looking at a pdf textbook. I really wanted to get one for the ability to take notes without wasting loads of paper at the end of the year and I like the big screen of the pro line. I was thinking the 10.5' but then the 11' when it came out. If I ever had to do something more computing intensive than my air can handle, maybe I could do it on the iPad. But I also I heard that the 11' bends, so I'm a little hesitant to buy one, and I know that I have to pay extra to get the pencil.

Thanks in advance for the responses!

2. The Hammer macrumors 6502

The Hammer

It looks like the only things your missing would be the Apple Watch and maybe a desktop. Everyone I know that has the Apple Watch likes it and I see people using AirPods all over the place so they are probably decent. You already have the portability you need.