Apple product less than perfect - should I return it?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Tomorrow, Aug 30, 2009.

1. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

Hey everyone, I just got home with my new copy of Snow Leopard from the Apple Store, and when I opened it, I was sorely disappointed. The plastic sleeve that holds the DVD was bent, seems Apple's packaging doesn't take pride in their shoddy work. Should I return it? After all, I paid $29 for a "new" product, it should be perfect - right?

For all those who don't recognize the humor or the point of this post, I'm actually poking fun at everyone who wants to return a product because it has a hint of a reflection of a scratch in it. Don't take life so seriously.

Attached Files:

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

That's crap! Take it back! My retail box had a crease and I took it back.

3. Airforcekid macrumors 65816

Airforcekid

Theres no point the DVD should work fine so it is still perfect. I hope you didnt just buy the plastic that covers it!

4. poolish macrumors regular

5. TwinCities Dan macrumors 603

TwinCities Dan

Double Parked out front of the Courthouse
    Obviously the quality control is going down the tubes, that is unacceptable! Email sjobs@apple.com!

6. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

My email to Steve Jobs.

Dear Mr. Jobs,
    I used to be a college student and oddly enough I am still poor so when I put money into one of your products it pains me to see such trash handed to me in return because I don't think I deserve anything less than the very best. When I get paid I go and I buy many Apple products like iPhones, iPods, MacBook Pro collector's editions, Mac Pros, and software. I really love your stuff but you're stupid if you think you're going to get away with this. It hurts my heart to get a box with a giant crease on it and while we're on the subject of boxes I didn't get a box with my up-to-date copy of Snow Leopard. I know you did not include it with Leopard but I would have thought the outrage from that would have made you decide to sing a different tune this time around. Your arrogance is appalling.

7. Knoxville3G macrumors member

Folks....the OP is KIDDING. He's actually indirectly making fun of those who take their iPhones back if the Home button isn't firm enough, etc. LOL. I actually found it humorous. :)

8. UngratefulNinja macrumors 68000

UngratefulNinja

I thought it was clever :D

9. Tomorrow thread starter macrumors 604

Tomorrow

*bow*

10. ChrisN macrumors 65816

ChrisN

*Applauds* good post.

11. MovieCutter macrumors 68040

MovieCutter

12. flyfish29 macrumors 68020

flyfish29

That crease was done by you....trying to get something for nothing....I tell you people these days!!!:D

:apple: HEY- you think that is bad...I opened my new(or so I thought) MacBook pro and it was clearly a REFURBISHED unit and NOT NEW.....

the reason I know this is that my apple has a bite out of it...clearly USED!!!:rolleyes:

13. john1620b macrumors member

:D Hilarious!

14. creon macrumors 6502

15. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

lol

Fanboys everywhere are checking their Snow Leopard sleeves as we speech. Tomorrow there will be a class action lawsuit for bent sleeves.

16. AppleTecFan macrumors 6502

AppleTecFan

if you highlight after the writing you will see

For all those who don't recognize the humor or the point of this post, I'm actually poking fun at everyone who wants to return a product because it has a hint of a reflection of a scratch in it. Don't take life so seriously.

17. ayeying macrumors 601

ayeying

Dude!!! Its a symbol that Apple packaged for you! You should be proud!!!

18. Ericatomars macrumors regular

ARE YOU ***** KIDDING ME??? OH NO IT HAS A BENT!

I hope your only joking. Bend the case back, now if the CD was bent I would see a problem but the case is nothing. If its that big of a deal then put it in an empty DVD case!

19. Ericatomars macrumors regular

WELL DONE!! I get it now~ love the hidden message!

20. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

WHOOOOOOOSH!!!!

For anyone that doesn't know, thats the sound of a joke soaring way over someone's head.:p

21. iGoogler macrumors member

I think you didnt read the whole thread.... Ill give you a minute. ;)

22. 173080 macrumors 6502

I did think it was somewhat lousy that Apple used a simple clear plastic sleeve this time. I like beautiful packaging. The Snow Leopard box, isn't. It doesn't feel solid and expensive.

23. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

seriously guys, my box has a slight scuff on the corner. I am really contemplating asking if I can at least get a pristine box. I keep all the boxes for my apple gear

24. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

Make a Genius appointment and ask for a repair - I dare you! However, don't void your warranty by trying an at-home repair with a warm iron. If you decide to do it at home, however, turn off the steam...you don't want the moisture sensor to turn red. :rolleyes: