Apple Products=OCD?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by TheShinyMac, Jun 24, 2009.

1. TheShinyMac macrumors 6502a

TheShinyMac

Who else thinks most Apple products give some people a mild or severe case of OCD? I'll admit I had it when I got my macbook pro but its gone away to to my sleeve and zagg invisible shield. I am not saying its Apple's fault but I dont see people obessing over scratches on their dells and motorola razars or blackberries. What do you think?

2. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

I take care of my iMac because it's my first mac, and it's damn nice to look at, plus the scratches really show up on the white glossy plastic

I take care of my MBP because it's a laptop... If you don't take care of a laptop, it will need to be repaired very quickly... :p

I take care of my iPhone because it's my phone, if I drop it, I have to deal with O2 insurance, and I don't really want to do that.

I never took care of my PC because it was a pile of junk, it would BSOD at least 2 or 3 times a day, and required reinstallation of XP every few months, it was the reason I switched to Mac.

3. bartelby macrumors Core

Could it be that Apple products are generally expensive items, so people tend to look after them better?

4. joro macrumors 68020

joro

Plus the initial investment in Apple products is typically more substantial then comparable products. For example, you can get a basic PC for $300-$400 whereas your entry level Apple runs around $1000. Same goes for iPhones and, to some extent, iPods.

5. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

I spent £800 on my iMac, I spent £1200 on my PC, money has nothing to do with it. One worked, the other didn't :p

6. TheShinyMac thread starter macrumors 6502a

TheShinyMac

I agree I would treat a 400$ pc better than my imac if it performed better

7. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I paid a lot of money for my Apple products so I'll jolly well take care of them.
    That said I look after all my electronics... DS, PSP, Dell monitor, Xbox 360, watch, mobile phone... Wanting to protect an investment isn't OCD.

8. MyDesktopBroke macrumors 6502

Yes. Especially when I bought my MBP with my own money. I carry it around in foam, and only put it down on a fluffy towel.

I know it's going to get scratched someday, but it won't make it any more pleasant when it happens.

9. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I tend to agree with you but when you read the stuff that gets posted on MR, you have to wonder.

10. bartelby macrumors Core

Even a MBP should always know where it's towel is...

I'm always in a state of wonder when I read MR...
    :)

11. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I hear you. Lately though, it's more a state of face palm.

Or this

[​IMG]

12. Osarkon macrumors 68020

Osarkon

Heh. That .gif made me chuckle.

I don't think Apple products equal OCD, it depends on the individual. Like many people, I baby my gadgets for the first few months, then eventually i'll care less and less (normally after it gets scratched despite everything).