Apple products on train

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by virginblue4, Jan 10, 2014.

1. virginblue4 macrumors 68000

virginblue4

I commute daily to work by train and always see a lot of Apple products, however today, I was simply amazed.

Within literally 2 metres of me, there were 2 iPads airs, 1 iPad mini, 1 iPhone 5c, 2 iPhone 5s, 1 iPhone 3GS, 1 original iPhone a MacBook Air plus my iPhone 5s and iPad mini with retina display.

I know this is a little bit of a random thread and I wasn't quite sure where to put it, but it's amazing how these products really fit into the lives of millions around the world. I literally couldn't believe it, considering not a single one of these products were here in 2007!

Plus to all the people who contiounsly say that the iPhone 5c is a flop, I can tell you, I've seen more of them in public than I have the iPhone 5s which is even more popular, so yeah! ;)

2. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

Well you live in Europe so they tempt to buy cheaper iPhone model.

3. virginblue4 thread starter macrumors 68000

virginblue4

Any proof? I imagine the 5s outsells the 5c in Europe.

4. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

I used to live in Europe and I know people there like to pay full price for phones , and they don't go all out buying the most expensive one when they can get a cheaper one that does the samething.

5. Shanghaichica macrumors 603

Shanghaichica

I live in the UK. I haven't seen that many people with the 5C yet. I've seen a few space grey and gold 5S's. I couldn't tell if the white and silvers were 5's or 5's as I didn't get a good look at the home button. I wonder just how popular The 5c's are.

Going back to the OP's original post, I see a lot of iphones around on public transport.

6. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

Im at Disney in Florida this week.

You get on a bus, standing in line... Hundreds, thousands of noses down in iPhones everywhere.

Its hilarious.

7. virginblue4 thread starter macrumors 68000

virginblue4

I don't know a single person who has purchased their phone outright other than myself.

8. carjakester macrumors 68020

carjakester

everytime i see someone with an iPhone or iPad i check it out, i probably look creepy trying to see if it has a lightning port or a square on the home button!

9. virginblue4 thread starter macrumors 68000

virginblue4

10. Shanghaichica macrumors 603

Shanghaichica

I refuse to purchase my phone outright. The amount I spent to get my 64GB 5S on contract would have been enough to buy the 16GB outright, as I had to buy out my contract and then pay a subsidy for the phone. However I was not going to pay £709 for a phone. It probably works out cheaper to buy a phone out right and go sim free, but it makes me feel better if I spread the cost. It doesn't seem as extravagant.

11. Mrbobb macrumors 601

On the train, plane, theater, mall... It's the MOBILE Era and Apple jumped on it early.

12. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

I'd say Apple was tardy to the pardy but they did it better than anyone else at the time.

13. Mrbobb macrumors 601

I say Apple got in the perfect time with a blown-away-everybody else product.

Sure there were already smart phones in 2007 but as the Jobs's keynotes (watched it a dozen times) pointed out, they were hard to use and had stripped OS and a "baby" Internet.

The iPhone OS(x) then, was truly a full blown OS which afforded (Jobs's words) desktop (full blown) class Apps.

But it still took the iPhone a couple of alliterations. I remember people back then were saying the first two iPhones were "toys" and not for serious day-to-day and crashed a lot. Not until the 3GS that the CPU was fast enough and the cellular network provided enough bandwidth to realize the iPhone's potential.

If one believes everything written about Apple, they had thought about making a tablet for a long time and when one of the engineers came up with multi-touch, they went BINGO, and the rest is history.

14. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

In Los Angeles area, on the train and bus, I see a lot of people with Samsung smartphones. Most of them are Notes 2/3. :apple:

15. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I take a subway into work, and I see a general mixture, many iPhones but also many Samsung phones.

Of the tablets, I see either an iPad or a kindle paperwhite (or an older e-reader). I don't see too many non iPad tablets.

16. DiCaprioAngel macrumors 6502

When I commute, I see a mixture of iPhone 4S' and iPhone 5/5s/5c. I rarely see someone pull out their tablets. Besides, there's a lot of theft in NY so I could imagine people try to limit the exposure of their goodies to the public.

17. I7guy macrumors G5

I see a mix of everything commuting around NY, even blackberry. Seems to be a lot of android smartphone vendors, however on the rails lots of iPads.

18. jr866gooner macrumors 65816

jr866gooner

I work in an IT dept and my team consists of 7 people in our section of the office. When I started I had android and out of the 7 of us 5 had android with only 2 iPhones. Now 12 months on I have switched and the numbers sit at 4 iphone users and 3 android. My colleague got a white 5c 3 days ago joining me with my blue 5 c.

The tables are turning! I've not seen too many 5c's which I actually quite like. Most I see around are either 4S or 5. I'm sure there are lots around me with 5S and 5c but I just don't spot it!

One of the guys at my place with a 4S is tempted by 5c too so it's like I'm starting a craze!

Out of our entire office there are 15 people of which 6 are iphone the rest android one android owner has iPad too! Lol