Apple progress bar loop (slide to upgrade)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lmasterz, Aug 18, 2016.

1. lmasterz macrumors newbie

I updated my phone with DFU after I had some problems. It seemed to have updated without issues. However, once I got the "slide to upgrade" on my screen, I slide, then enter my pin code, then the progress bar comes up. Once it completes, It restarts and the same thing happens, Slide to upgrade-->pin code-->progress bar--> reset. It keeps looping.

Any ideas how to solve this?

2. StarkCity macrumors 6502a

StarkCity

DFU restore to new is my only thought. What iOS were you on? What device ?

3. lmasterz thread starter macrumors newbie

Using iPhone 6 and iOS 9.1. Updated to 9.3.4 after DFU.

iTunes is able to detect my phone as it asked me if I want to set it up as a new phone or restore from my back up (6+ months old). It even shows that my data is currently there as it shows that 1.2GB is free.

Can I downgrade to 9.3.3 (i have the file), given that I am stuck on the "slide to upgrade" screen loop?

4. StarkCity macrumors 6502a

StarkCity

I believe Apple is still signing 9.3.3 so yes. I wouldn't use a backup just to rule that out of the issue.

5. lmasterz thread starter macrumors newbie

i know they are for a fact.

My concern is, installing 9.3.3 while "slide to upgrade" screen is there. Would that have an impact on the data at all?

6. StarkCity macrumors 6502a

StarkCity

Hopefully data is retained. Only time it's lost is when setting up as new. You won't know until it comes back up. It's always best practice to restore to new though. I get that your last backup is old, and you'll lose stuff, but sometimes that's the only way to fix certain situations for good.

7. DaveOP macrumors 65816

I think your terms are mixed. Do you mean that you used "recovery mode", which is the connect to iTunes logo? DFU is a firmware restore, and results from a blank, black screen and should erase the device. If you still have data, you used recovery to perform an "update".

8. lmasterz thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes you are right. I did mix them up. I used the recovery mode and performed an "update"