Apple prohibits you from picking up at Fed-Ex location?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by guccimane, Mar 12, 2012.

1. guccimane macrumors newbie

Called fed ex and gave my tracking number and said i wanted to pick up at the fed ex place that morning (stuff is delivered late where i am) and she said they have to make one attempt as apple prohibits that?? thats lame if they do...

2. vhp3 macrumors regular

3. coolwater macrumors 6502a

coolwater

They all have the same policy for ALL packages, not just Apple products.

4. guccimane thread starter macrumors newbie

3 times she told me apple makes them. so maybe ill try a diff time and get a diff answer...

5. jkeekij macrumors regular

^Exactly! FedEx always makes one delivery attempt before allowing pickup at the local facility. This is nothing new.

6. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

One attempt, first, is standard policy for both FedEx and UPS. Your IPad is destined tomtake a ride on your local delivery truck no matter what you do. It is their way.

7. imahawki macrumors 6502a

8. Yujenisis macrumors 6502

For people stuck in crappy customer service jobs this is a very common strategy to get a customer to leave you alone.

It still sucks for those of us in crappy customer service jobs that don't pass the buck. :mad:

9. ReallyBigFeet macrumors 68030

ReallyBigFeet

Actually, its just you. They told all the rest of us we could pick them up at the facility whenever it was convenient for us.

Quit being such a jerk to CS reps and maybe you'll get nice things too!

10. robo456 macrumors 6502

robo456

I had the same problem recently. I had three 1st generation iPod nano's replaced thru their program, all were supposed to go to my business address so I could sign for them since no one is home during the day.

Unfortunately, one of them got sent to my home and I got the tag on door. I signed the tag and left a note to the driver saying it'd have to be after 5pm. No-go... 2nd tag. Ugh. I called Fedex directly and they said that they cannot re-route Apple deliveries and must require a signature in-person. The Fedex rep said he wished they can do it for me, but it's APPLE'S policy, not theirs.

BUT... at least, here in NJ, after the third attempt, it gets held at the Fedex main facility (in Keasby, NJ for NNJ) for 7 days before it gets sent back to apple. I called and as long as you have the door tag and a valid picture ID, you can do to the facility and pick it up.

I drove down there (wow, this place is big!), picked up their "bat-phone" they had, gave the operator my door tag number, and 5 minutes later, a worker drove up on a little golf cart, checked my ID, and I walked out with my iPod.

--rob

11. CivEngPE macrumors newbie

Did you ask them if you could forward the package to one of their eligible locations? I have had this done several times prior to first delivery attempt. Haven't tried it for apple products yet...

Fedex / Kinkos locations are everywhere it seems.

http://www.fedex.com/us/fedexupdates/May-2011/reroute-package.html: