Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Apple Promotes Apple Music With Short Video Featuring Album Covers

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple this morning shared a new Apple Music video on its YouTube channel, which artistically highlights album covers from a range of artists like Sia, FKA Twigs, Kesha, Fleetwood Mac, and more.

The 38 second spot is designed to promote Apple Music, the company's streaming music service. It features a series of clips depicting album art overlaid on the Apple Music logo, interspersed with images of artists.

Know what's next. Now. Discover millions of songs, always ad-free with Apple Music.
Apple Music has been steadily growing in popularity since its June 2015 debut. As of late September, Apple Music had more than 30 million paid subscribers. Comparatively, Spotify, the main Apple Music competitor, has 60 million paid subscribers.

Apple has aimed to increase interest in its service through a wide range of exclusives, including exclusive album releases, documentaries, and television shows like Carpool Karaoke: The Series and Planet of the Apps.

Article Link: Apple Promotes Apple Music With Short Video Featuring Album Covers

Zanton68

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2012
UK
Can they do a video that shows how to stop Apple Music replacing your artwork with the wrong artwork, wrong album, even wrong artist??? It’s why I use Spotify. With Spotify I’ve not had to spend hours correcting the artwork....

Comment

slagathor001

macrumors regular
Nov 2, 2011
Can they do a video that shows how to stop Apple Music replacing your artwork with the wrong artwork, wrong album, even wrong artist??? It’s why I use Spotify. With Spotify I’ve not had to spend hours correcting the artwork....

Sounds like an iOS 9 problem...

Comment

macrumors 601
May 19, 2011
It should come with a disclaimer

*support not great on Apple Watch but meh
[doublepost=1509554925][/doublepost]
I swore not to subscribe to Apple Music until it has a free subscription tier. Well, I caved in after trying it out last night with my Apple Watch S3 cellular paired with Airpods. It’s a seamless experience.

Except, you know, the user interface and Music app. Which are garbage.

Comment

Cancelled
Mar 31, 2015
For Apple Music to catch on (more than it already is) it needs to have a much simpler, cleaner client. Part of the reason I'm with Spotify is the client is so simple and I don't dread opening the app.

Split iTunes up. Create a TV app for macOS akin to iOS/tvOS (seriously, why isn't this a thing yet?). Your video library and streaming subscriptions live here.

Make a music app that handles ONLY music. One section for your library, one section for Apple Music.

Make a podcasts app, transfer some iTunes U stuff to iBooks (there's some seriously good stuff on there but discoverability is an issue cause iTunes is so bloated, I found great Swift books on iTunes U).

Create an Apple Store app where you can buy hardware and software (buying music/videos should be here).

I wish Apple would just buy Netflix and have some sort of 'iFlix' video streaming service integrated onto the hypothetical TV app on macOS.

Reactions: sidewinder3000
Comment

Brenster

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2008
Sure I clocked album covers for Metallica’s Master of Puppets and Queens of the Stone Age’s Victims. Couldn’t tell you what was actually paying over the clip though. Time to dive back into the classical side of AM, which is where I spend most of my listening time these days.

Now get off of my lawn

Comment

Zanton68

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2012
UK
Sounds like an iOS 9 problem...

Sounds about right but, if it is fixed now, I’m not risking it. I’m still finding mistakes I’ve missed from when I made the mistake of subscribing. It’s just not worth the hassle for me.

Comment

deanthedev

Suspended
Sep 29, 2017
Vancouver
Come on, Fleetwood Mac Rumours is one of the all time greatest albums made. And it flashes by so quickly you don’t even notice it unless you’re looking for it.

Reactions: Brenster
Comment

Karma*Police

macrumors 68000
Jul 15, 2012
I swore not to subscribe to Apple Music until it has a free subscription tier. Well, I caved in after trying it out last night with my Apple Watch S3 cellular paired with Airpods. It’s a seamless experience.

Yeah, I really like how they seamlessly integrated it with the Apple Watch. I never used it on my watch until the latest OS updates.

Comment

tech3475

macrumors 6502
May 17, 2011

You're lucky, last time I had Music Match it ****ed up my library renaming things and messing up playlists.

I would have loved to just have artwork messed up.

Comment

Karma*Police

macrumors 68000
Jul 15, 2012
For Apple Music to catch on (more than it already is) it needs to have a much simpler, cleaner client. Part of the reason I'm with Spotify is the client is so simple and I don't dread opening the app.

Split iTunes up. Create a TV app for macOS akin to iOS/tvOS (seriously, why isn't this a thing yet?). Your video library and streaming subscriptions live here.

Make a music app that handles ONLY music. One section for your library, one section for Apple Music.

Make a podcasts app, transfer some iTunes U stuff to iBooks (there's some seriously good stuff on there but discoverability is an issue cause iTunes is so bloated, I found great Swift books on iTunes U).

Create an Apple Store app where you can buy hardware and software (buying music/videos should be here).

I wish Apple would just buy Netflix and have some sort of 'iFlix' video streaming service integrated onto the hypothetical TV app on macOS.

I couldn't agree more about breaking up iTunes into multiple apps like iOS... been saying that for years. That said, most people listen to their music on iDevices, so with the engineering challenge of breaking up all the legacy code and dependencies built into iTunes, I can see why Apple doesn't think it's worth messing with.

As for the UI, I have zero issue with it. I actually like it a lot... it's clean, simple, yet feature packed. I'll admit, the first iteration of AM was complicated and confusing, which may have left a negative impression for some Spotify users, but the latest version is nicer and easier to use than what I remember of Spotify, which itself was never the paragon of user-friendliness... I never did figure out how to seamlessly integrate my large music library.

Comment

Internet Enzyme

macrumors 6502a
Feb 21, 2016
Absolutely gorgeous animation. I watched the ad muted and i still think it's awesome, who knows the music might be some trash, but on visuals alone I give double thumbs up.

Reactions: midkay
Comment

tonyr6

macrumors 65816
Oct 13, 2011
Brooklyn NY
I had Apple Music for a year and a half and I finally dropped it. iTunes is horrible and still after 2 years there is no way to listen to AM on your computer without using that horrible iTunes. Really still no web player.

The AM app for the iPhone and Android still has no Chromecast support and supports only Sonos speakers. You are still forced to use Bluetooth which is horrible on its own. Bluetooth keeps disconnecting any calls interrupt it and notifications blast on the speakers.

The biggest insult is the random pulling of songs from the Fania albums that are still available on every other music service even Tidal has them and Tidal has the least amount of songs. I still don't get how AM has over 30 million subs. I guess many who get iPhone's most likely do the free trail and don't cancel not realizing that they are paying for it.

I since switched back to Play Music the first service I tried and it works good. It is fast unlike AM with its spinning circle and buffering on slow connections.

Comment

afd

macrumors 65816
Apr 12, 2005
Scotland
Yet there is no way to properly look at album covers/sleeves in iTunes or music apps. Are there still iTunes LPs available?

Comment

ike1707

macrumors 6502
Jan 20, 2009
T
he dumbest thing in iTunes, hands down, is the inability to edit artist images. Or, as is the case most of the time, the absence of an image. That single absent feature ruins the whole aesthetic of iTunes on my Mac, primarily because of my obscure tastes.

Reactions: DocMultimedia
Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.