Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today shared a new iPhone 15 ad called "Nice Try!" on its YouTube channel in Singapore, promoting how Face ID protects your privacy.

In the 30-second video ad, an iMessage notification appears on a girl's iPhone 15 placed on a dining table, while she is in another room. Nosy family members attempt to unlock the device to read the message, but Face ID prevents them from doing so.

To prevent messages from being previewed on the Lock Screen without Face ID, open the Settings app, tap Notifications → Show Previews, and select When Unlocked.

Article Link: Apple Promotes Face ID in New iPhone 15 Ad Called 'Nice Try!'

Octavius8

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2016
Twins and sibligns can open even parents phones. The "1 in a million chances" is bogus.
Touch id is MUCH more safe in actual real life. Not even twins can unlock each other phone!.
Faceid is the leas secure option,why nobody "has catch up" yet?: nobody is so silly to make a HUGE hole in the phone screen as Apple. Not a technical reason.
Why Appke has not opted ofr under display touch id?: App,e does not want to pay for the tech. Apple does not invetn, Apple just buys chinese engineering. Accept it.

Jim Lahey

macrumors 68020
Apr 8, 2014
Yeah. Shame your dog can access the camera from the Lock Screen, take pictures of his balls and have them de facto uploaded to your iCloud account unsolicited. Behold, security!!!1234567890

• Love
Reactions: Astrohunter

Jim Lahey

macrumors 68020
Apr 8, 2014
Do the spooks get a “nice try” response from Apple when they request/demand push notification user surveillance metadata?

Reactions: adib

rxp

macrumors member
Apr 15, 2018
I really dislike Face ID compared to finger prints. It mostly works but when it doesn't it's really frustrating - typically cause of a respirator I'm wearing (painters mask, N95, N99 etc.). Much prefer my s22's finger print which is lightning quick. Only thing I do value about face ID is because of the fact it's there we get depth scans of the ears/face which helps spatial audio be the leading solution in the market. So I put up with it but do wish we had finger prints.

coffeemilktea

macrumors 6502a
Nov 25, 2022
Great ad, but does this mean that now, nosy relatives will be even less inclined to buy iPhones for the teens in their family? :p

Reactions: macvicta
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.