Apple Protection Plan

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nickmyersx, Jul 10, 2008.

1. nickmyersx macrumors newbie

I'm getting ready to go stand in line for my first iPhone. I have pretty much everything figured out as far as my plan goes, but I was wondering how many people purchase the protection plan. Is it worth it and what does it cover?

Thanks in advance!

2. coolant113 macrumors 6502

coolant113

3. citron230 macrumors 6502a

citron230

it does increase the resale value, plus should your phone needs replacing within the second year its covered.

4. coolant113 macrumors 6502

coolant113

5. dansante macrumors newbie

No, it doesn't.

I was thinking about getting a SquareTrade warranty with the accidental damage protection add-on for that reason. They base the price of the warranty on the full price of the phone, before any discounts. Does anyone know whether that means the "early upgrade" price of $499, or the eventual "no commitment" price of $699? (For the 16GB)

6. cambridge1807 macrumors member

I sent them an email about what price to enter and was replied with "The value you should enter for your warranty at the $299 subsidized price would be $499". I'm seriously considering getting this with accidental, so I've been searching around on this topic. Has anyone filed a claim with them before? If so, was it hassle-free and smooth?

7. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

For those of us that purchased AppleCare for our v1 iPhones, we are coming up on our 1 year warranty expiring or having expired, so now the AppleCare Protection Plan kicks in for an additional 12 months of coverage. Our family plan has gone through (4) iPhone replacements and we are pleased with the coverage. :cool:

8. Zimmy68 macrumors 65816

Zimmy68

I was all ready to layout for the extended service when I got my 3G.
    I asked the guy what was covered and quickly changed my mind.
    The only thing it covers is if it stops working.
    I have had many electronic gadgets in my years and I know one thing, if the thing "works" for a year, it will work for two years.
    The only benefit I see is battery replacement and he never mentioned that.

I was willing to pay for 100% coverage but they want no part of that.

9. bigkito macrumors regular

being that my 160gb ipod classic died on me and they replaced it a couple of weeks ago, i bought the protection plan. its only $60, rather pay that then run the risk of having to pay full price if something ever happened