Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bryan Bowler

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 27, 2008
In the past, there has been many discussions on how well the iPhone is doing against RIM and their many products. We all saw the results a few weeks ago when 3rd Qtr results were released. Now some new numbers are out. It looks like the iPhone's market share is still pulling away from RIM and customer satisfaction is higher than any other smart phone.

It's pretty hard to argue against the numbers...

Article can be found here.

Bryan

BergerFan

macrumors 68020
Mar 6, 2008
Mos Eisley
Apple is beating everyone with only one phone. It had 523% growth
Agreed.
How many Touch screen phones have Samsung and HTC launched since July '07, for both Europe and the US? I've lost count, so it must be really bewildering for the non-tech savvy 'average Joe' to pick one, if they didn't want an iPhone(for whatever reason).

It's gonna get more confusing once more Android phones come out next year, making it even more simple for the regular masses to jump to iPhone, as they'll at least know that there's only one model to pick from, each year.

kornyboy

macrumors 68000
Sep 27, 2004
Knoxville, TN (USA)
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F136 Safari/525.20)

I think that these numbers could be a little different in the final quarter this year. RIM is releasing the new blackberry and I think that it will slow the iPhone's growth a little bit. You also have Google's Android out there which has the potential of gaining a bit of ground as well.

Aurial

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2008
So they were selling slightly over a million in Q3 2007 and are now only selling 6 million more despite releasing it in another 70+ countries worldwide?

I'm quite suprised, that seems quite a low figure to me. I'll be interested to see the Q4 figures.

Nokia on the other hand has next to zero market penetration in the US so it's reasonably safe to assume that they are the big hitters in these other countries.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.