Apple Pulls out 20, 23, 30 inch Cinema Displays web page

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by motoroid, Mar 30, 2009.

1. motoroid macrumors newbie

I noticed that Apple just pulled out the page for their 20, 23 and 30 inch old Cinema Displays, even though the 30 inch display has yet to be discontinued. Does it mean that we will soon see a new 30 inch display?

2. Apple iKid macrumors regular

Are there supposed to be updates soon? It seems like a strange time for an update... Maybe just page maintenance?

3. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

They did that a few weeks ago. I see a 30" LED silent at WWDC (or with an announcement, since it's a pro display and a pro convention). There won't be a new 20" period, though.

4. Apple iKid macrumors regular

Ya I was thinking we would see an update on the 30" at WWDC.

5. motoroid thread starter macrumors newbie

It will be quite disappointing if the next 30 inch will be released glossy only.

6. Apple iKid macrumors regular

Since the 17" MBpro comes in both glossy and matte it makes since that the 30" display will as well. But, like everything, we will just have to wait and see.

7. motoroid thread starter macrumors newbie

The entire iMac line is exclusively glossy (not to mention that the minimum brightness setting is still very high for use in the dark) The 24 LED cinema displays are also only glossy (at least there apple allows you to reduce the brightness to an acceptable level) I find the glossy displays impossible to work with during the night, this unfortunately includes every product they make aside from the Mac Book Air (even though it is supposed to be glossy) and the 17 inch matte option.

8. Apple iKid macrumors regular

That could be all the more reason for them to introduce a matte screen. Im not saying its going to happen, just that it may be a possibility.

I know lots of people would be happier with matte options.

9. motoroid thread starter macrumors newbie

Has anyone here worked with the 24 inch Cinema LED and is happy with the brightness level and performance in dark conditions?

Would also love to read a comparison between the old 23 inch and the new 24 inch Cinema display from someone who has used both.

10. iMacmatician macrumors 601

Agreed on these points. I also see a display larger than 30" and/or higher resolution than 2560x1600.

11. Apple iKid macrumors regular

That would be awesome! Expensive, but awesome.

12. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Which page are you referring to? The 30" ACD page is still here:
    Picture 7.jpg

13. motoroid thread starter macrumors newbie

The link you showed is there, but clicking on it takes you to the apple store, it used to show the specs and everything.

14. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

The page that takes you to DOES show the specs.

15. JohnnyMac1 macrumors newbie

I've seen several sites displaying the 30" backordered and also read that apple isn't taking any more orders for them just like when the 23" fell from apple's graces..

16. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Nope. He's talking about http://www.apple.com/displays

the page with information about the 20", 23", and 30" displays, which now only links to the 24" page, meaning the plural is soon to be rectified.

17. SLR2009 macrumors regular

Glossy Display's are the best

What's is this that I keep hearing that glossy screen's are bad? I love glossy screens, my 24" LED Apple Cinema Display has stunning image quality, even better than my Nec 2490. For anyone who is complaining about glossy screens are either ignorant or have never used them. I rarely notice any reflections on my display, and even if there were any it's not anymore distracting then a CRT. My first glossy monitor was a Sony X brite which was a great monitor. The glossy screen brings out the colors much more then a display with a matte screen. There are alot of people that love glossy screens as much as I do. I hope that they come out with a new Glossy 30" display, it would be a beast!

18. JohnnyMac1 macrumors newbie

Glossy displays add contrast to the viewing screen.Most Photographers/Graphic pros will not use them. The 30" is a pro display. If Apple makes it in glossy on the new display Dell,LG,NEC ect are going to see an increase in 30" sales. I'm waiting and I'll probably buy two. If they are glossy I won't buy any. Having an ultimate iMac along with a Mac Pro I can tell You that I personally would NEVER consider any monitor with a glossy screen for critical graphic applications. Just like sound engineers don't use audio monitors that make music sound better that it does. In both pieces of equipt You want a flat response.

19. kellen macrumors 68020

kellen

Glad I got my 23" just now. Plus I wonder the price on the 30".

Ideas on pricing?

20. simplymuzik3 macrumors 6502a

I think price depends on where you live, just like the last update to the macs. Here in canada I expect the price to go up by a few hundred :(

21. skyline r34 macrumors 6502

skyline r34

Apple's 30" Inch LED release date

Do you guys think that Apple will release the new LED 30" inch about the same time Apple release the 24 inch LED which was back in November 2008? Is the new 30" inch will be release in November 2009 or not, I guess we will have to wait and see, i've been waiting since last year and if I waited this long might as well hold off until Apple release the desktop displays.