Apple purchase confirmation email

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Andyguy65, Sep 18, 2012.

1. Andyguy65 macrumors newbie

Hello so last night i pre-ordered the iphone 5. When i pre-ordered the ipad 3rd gen, i used my main email that i use, however this time, i signed in with my apple ID in which i do not have the password for the email used for apple id. (i can sign into apple as it uses a different password to hotmail...) so basically i dont have the hotmail password, and didnt realise it would send confirmation emails to that account, the one i dont have the password to. So i went onto self-service order status on apple, logged in etc and it comes up with everything including address, cost, expected delivery etc. So when i logged in, i realised the billing email was the one i dont have the password to, so i changed it. 15 minutes later i received a confirmation 'change details' email to my order, so i presume from now on i will receive emails to my main email which i always intended to. But im not sure if the confirmation email is important, should i just leave it how it is and receive further apple update emails (dispatched etc), would that be ok, without any problems with my delivery?

i hope what i have written is understandable, im just annoyed that i used the wrong email. Thanks for reading and for any help!

2. Andyguy65 thread starter macrumors newbie

3. darkslide29 macrumors 65816

You don't have to worry about it. I don't plan on using my confirmation email for anything, and haven't had to in the past. You can probably answer your own question. Just think back to when you pre-ordered the new iPad, did you have to use that confirmation email for anything? Probably not.
    As long as you have access to your order on the account section of the apple store site, you're fine. You can always sign in to check if it has shipped, check tracking info, print an invoice, etc.

Also, you probably only changed the email to your iPhone 5 order, and not to your Apple ID. You may want to manage your Apple ID and permanently change the email address to one you have access to.
    http://www.apple.com/support/appleid/manage/

4. Andyguy65 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes you are right, it was just incase they were sending emails needing me to respond e.g more information to proceed, i can check if it has shipped etc so hopefully it will be fine, I'm happy that i have changed it even if it was just for the iphone 5. Thanks for your comment :)