Apple Putting Finishing Touches on WWDC Decorations at McEnery Convention Center

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, May 31, 2019.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

The first WWDC 2019 events kick off in just two days with the early arrival of student scholars, and Apple is putting the finishing touches on decorations at and around the McEnery Convention Center in San Jose.

[​IMG]

Decorations on the convention center, light poles, and public transit stops all carry the same neon theme on dark blue as seen on other WWDC materials, with the front entrance area of the convention center covered in a huge sheet displaying a robot emoji with all sorts of icons exploding out of the top of it and the "Dub Dub" nickname sometimes used for WWDC.

[​IMG]

Photos from earlier in the assembly process hint at the possibility of some sort of lighting behind the sheet, so we'll have to wait and see what it looks like at night.

[​IMG]

The main event of WWDC 2019 kicks off on Monday at 10:00 am Pacific Time with the traditional keynote, and we'll have full coverage here on MacRumors.com and through our MacRumorsLive Twitter account.

Update 8:51 PM: As shared on Twitter by Lucas Wagner, the "Dub Dub" graphic on the facade of the McEnery Convention Center has now been lit.

Article Link: Apple Putting Finishing Touches on WWDC Decorations at McEnery Convention Center

2. OriginalMacRat macrumors 6502

Since when?

3. duervo macrumors 68020

duervo

OMG, that art looks so awesomely cute and the dub dub ref ... uwu.

4. Mr. Dee macrumors 68010

Mr. Dee

Will be there next week Wednesday. Not in a developer capacity, anybody from MR wants to meet up?

5. Internet Enzyme macrumors 6502a

Internet Enzyme

6. sully54 macrumors regular

sully54

If the sign does indeed light up at night, then dark mode in iOS is definitely a thing.

7. sdz macrumors 6502

Hopefully not only for oled devices

8. Eduardo1971 macrumors 65816

Eduardo1971

As always, I’m looking forward to what will be heading to our devices.

9. joueboy macrumors 68000

I used to keep myself updated with this even months before I get excited. Now I just like ok in just 2 days move on I hardly watch Apple Event keynotes anymore.

10. Kung gu macrumors member

hopefully this one makes u change ur mind

11. Rogifan macrumors Core

Rogifan

What would LED screens look like? Dark gray?

12. tsko macrumors newbie

I went back in 2007 and it was commonly used then.
    That said, when using the term amongst other devs I mostly get blank looks.

13. aaronhead14 macrumors 6502a

aaronhead14

Mac Pro Mac Pro Mac Pro Mac Pro Mac Pro Mac Pro Mac Pro Mac Pro Mac Pro Mac Pro Mac Pro Mac Pro Mac Pro :)

Can’t wait!

14. JackieTreehorn macrumors 6502

JackieTreehorn

And when will you try that restraint for posts like this for an event you dont care about it...

15. LizKat macrumors 601

LizKat

Most of us will never become Apple developers per se even if we might create a few scripts with the tools MacOS offers us, but I love the excitement around WWDC and I keep those keynote podcast downloads forever! It's the easiest way to reflect on the arc of our own abilities to extrapolate productivity and enjoyment from Apple's developments and its extension of those to third party developers. They --and we-- have sure come a long way together, even in years we expected more from hardware or maybe even a little less of a tweak of some basic software. :rolleyes:

You sound like it's all hit a plateau. Maybe that's just the arc of your own interest. The WWDC does always reveal the fact that overall the Apple developers including the newest ones are still on the upswing, and as excited as they ever were about opportunities to make the most of Apple's own ongoing developments. We are the potential beneficiaries of all that and to me it's always worth seeing the kickoff to their developers' conference.

16. blacktape242 macrumors 68000

blacktape242

17. GekkePrutser macrumors 6502a

GekkePrutser

Dub Dub as in Duplicating iOS apps on MacOS perhaps? It must refer to one of the rumoured announcements, and the robot with apps is too specific to just refer to iOS dark mode IMO.

18. Plutonius macrumors 604

Plutonius

What to expect during WWDC ?

Probably, more complaints about Apple in the forums :).

19. posguy99 macrumors 6502a

That's all everyone needs, to have to listen to the non-OLED phone owners whine about their "battery drain" when they follow the sheep and turn dark mode on.

20. pappapeep macrumors newbie

pappapeep

21. RickInHouston macrumors 65816

Why is this not at the big zero building? I thought that's why they built it.

22. jonblatho macrumors 6502a

jonblatho

The on-site auditorium is way too small for the keynote/platforms SOTU (capacity of 1,000 vs. several thousand) and they need further additional capacity to hold multiple simultaneous labs and sessions. Apple Park was never built for WWDC.

23. HowieIsaacks macrumors regular

HowieIsaacks

Meh. I remember the old days when WWDC banners gave us more clues. Nothing to see here.

24. Bawstun macrumors 68000

Bawstun

When they care more about set/event decorations than they do the design of their devices.

25. code-m macrumors 65816

code-m

Automation, ML, etc = Robot with apps exploding out of its head. Mesh ML throughout iOS and apps.

Just a guess.