Apple Q4-2005 Financial Results Webcast

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple has posted the website for the Q4 2005 Financial Results Webcast.

The webcast will take place at 2pm PT/5pm ET on Tuesday, October 11, 2005.

Please note that comments made during this call may include forward-looking statements that are subject to risks and uncertainties, and that actual results may differ materially from these forward-looking statements. For more information on the factors that could influence results, please refer to Apple’s SEC filings.
Apple's Financial Results Conference call provides the recent sales numbers for Apple's product lines and typically provides some insight into Apple's plans.

powerbook911

macrumors 68040
Mar 15, 2005
I'm obviously looking forward to this.

There are some *great* days in the Mac world each year:

Mac World Keynote
WWDC Keynote
Paris Keynote (well, it used to be)

and finally...

The 4 quarterly financial results webcasts! Get your Quicktime players ready!

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
Should be excellent numbers again for Apple! What I'm really forward to though is seeing the first batch of nano sales figures... but this will be good too... ;)

darwen

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2005
California, US
I don't understand what the big deal is about these. They never tell me anything interesting. Are they just a big deal because they tell how good the company is doing?

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
darwen said:
I don't understand what the big deal is about these. They never tell me anything interesting. Are they just a big deal because they tell how good the company is doing?
If you were interested and involved with finance, business, investing and stock trading you would probably care more and find the information interesting. :cool:

Chaszmyr

macrumors 601
Aug 9, 2002
darwen said:
I personally find it fascinating to hear how well Apple does compared to the competition. This year Apple's results are going to crush their own results from last year. Last year, they had a total revenue of $8.28b, and this year they are on track for more than $14b. Our little company is moving up in the world.

rikers_mailbox

macrumors 6502a
Sep 27, 2003
LA-la-land
Maybe we'll see another spectacular quarter, but a lack-luster guidance. Last time that caused quite a drop in AAPL, a weird reaction. Or we could see some blockbuster numbers, AAPL will sky rocket, and maybe the stock will split (again!). Either way, I'm hanging on to the shares I have. Next year should be interesting with the transition to Intel and the resulting new harware.

Chundles

macrumors G4
Jul 4, 2005
They'll reveal a deal with the entire public school system in all countries to provide 17" PowerBooks to all the kiddies, giving them cash revenue of 50 gazillion dollars and they will be headhunting the guys who do Microsoft's file sharing and network browsing methods to merge into the design of OS X.

iPods will now be made out of diamond glass and cost $50, you'll be able to trade in older iPods for no charge if you so wish.

PowerBooks will go back to Titanium but they will have the money to anodise the metal in black, iBooks will go back to clear acrylic but the gray plastic inside will anodised aluminium in a choice of colours.

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002
So... I see opinions (pos/neg) on the EXISTENCE of this financial results date is mixed ;)

macrumors 6502a
Jan 1, 2005
Shattering Fast said:
So that's why they're releasing the new iPod(s) on the 11th. It all makes sense now.
No, the 12th. ;)

I'm looking forward to hearing them explain the Mac mini situation. Do they still take analyst calls?

inkswamp

macrumors 68030
Jan 26, 2003
These financial results webcasts only prove that Apple is dying...

... under a big mountain of cash. :D

dernhelm

macrumors 68000
May 20, 2002
middle earth
nagromme said:
So... I see opinions (pos/neg) on the EXISTENCE of this financial results date is mixed ;)
Too funny, I noticed that too. I'm still trying to figure out what the negative voters wanted - no news on the existence of financial results, or no financial results in the first place.

ibook30

macrumors 6502a
Jun 4, 2005
2,000 light years from home
liketom said:
that that have found a cunning way of floggin old stock real easy without putting them on the refurb store , and losing 20% of there profit value.

:)
Perhaps this will be discussed as an improved method of distribution.
Perhaps when offering financial info - apple will hand out copies of the script for "Brazil"- the Terry Gilliam film. Emphasizing apples "random distribution procedures" or their new "shuffle everything" attitude.... :D

WeBleed4Real

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2005
Rise baby, rise...

This better be good news. We just dropped a boat load of money on AAPL stock right after the iPod nano came out.

derajfast

macrumors 6502a
Mar 24, 2004
i probably wouldnt buy now...if the earnings are good and the stocks responds well, im probably going to sell shortly thereafter....and then wait for it to come down a few points and buy again.....i bought about 100 shares at 20 dollars a little over a year ago...now its a 55 (split adjusted)......i think its a hold now

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
Along with others I'm looking forward to good news.

At least we have something definite coming ahead. Imminent has taken on a new meaning with Apple.

shawnce

macrumors 65816
Jun 1, 2004
The main thing I am looking forward to is better visibility into how the Intel transition is affecting existing Mac sales. This is the first full quarter after the announcement.

If Mac volumes are up, flat, or a even a little down it means the transition isn't affect Apple that much and they are well positioned for the transition and for growth after the transition.

dernhelm

macrumors 68000
May 20, 2002
middle earth
liketom said:
that that have found a cunning way of floggin old stock real easy without putting them on the refurb store , and losing 20% of there profit value.

:)
Apple hardly invented this, and it isn't even cunning.