Apple QC?? Where have you gone??

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by e12a, Oct 30, 2008.

1. e12a macrumors 68000

e12a

soo many things wrong with the new MBP...not only on this site, my friend has a new uni MBP and his screen flickers at 3 bars brightness and issues sleeping.

then a customer who bought his computer today brought it back because he noticed this on his macbook (non pro):

[​IMG]

hmm half the apple is illuminated. Lets take a closer look.

you can kinda see something behind it..
    [​IMG]

but when you turn it on:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

we've never seen anything like it. looks like the QC guy at the factory forgot to take the QC sticker off?

2. Jpoon macrumors 6502

That's pretty awesome. You should like, take it apart and put a Microsoft symbol in there, and then return it.

"Yeah... I don't think it's supposed to look like that D:!"

haha, the response would be priceless

3. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

I'm sure they'll replace it, not because it hinders the computer in any way, but because it degrades the quality of the free advertising they get whenever you use a Mac in public.

But in the hundreds of threads in this forum, this is the only issue I've seen with the logo being obscured, so to paint that as part of an overarching QC problem is a bit much. EVERY company has issues like this one. If something minor like that happens on 1 in 10,000 units, most companies would be pretty happy with that.

4. e12a thread starter macrumors 68000

e12a

meh i know these are just problems with the 1st generation i.e. teething problems.

its just sooo bad its ridiculous. and yes, i am painting it as a QC issue, its a first and i hope it certainly is the last. But for it to come this far shows something.

anywho, the next gen should be better. That's when i'm planning on getting the new MBP.

and yes, this is the first time i've seen something like this ever. Thought i'd just document this before the customer brought it to an apple store for an exchange (we were out of stock).

5. iMav macrumors 6502

iMav

I've owned a last gen iBook (12"), 1st gen MacBook, late2007 MBP (15.4"), last gen blackbook, and now a 2.0ghz glassbook.

No logicboard issues, no cracking, no overheating, no GPU issues, no loose battery cover, no crooked/slanted keys, no dead pixels, etc. They have ALL been functionally and cosmetically perfect.